Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have applied for fiance' visa on March 30th and I have recieved an email from Warsaw UKVI hub on Monday saying that we need some additional documents. My fiance is self employed, but his first full tax year was over in April. They want us to send this document, amongst others, but we don't know how to get it as my fiance' does his own accounts through some commercial software. They asked for this:

"If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants"

Does anyone have a suggestion what we could do?
Thank you very much for reading this and for any kind of help.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Of course he can't verify his own finances - He will need to hire an accountant to certify his business finances, an accountant's certification is absolutely required for the self-employment route

Reactions: CuraFina

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just one more question, please. My fiance' used a coomercial software for his tax return. We want to know if the pdf of SA302 downloaded from this software will be good enough for UKVI as we don't have much time to request the one from HMRC.

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is a sole trader. I have read through the official guidence, but it says only 'Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302)' It is not specified that it should be from HMRC like with other documents they have requested. So, I am wondering if HO will accept the print out from commercial software my fiance' used.

Thank you very much for your reply, octopus.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Unless specified otherwise, I would assume that they will require original documents.

It's common practice to print SA302 yourself from the HMRC website or tax software, however, HMRC also provides by post if needed. You could print them (I would print directly from HMRC rather than from the tax software) but it's possible they will take issue with a non-original document.

Reactions: CuraFina
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.