Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Canadian wife is applying for her FLR (M) for the first time. She's currently on her Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa. We got married here in March. :) As well as the form and guidance notes I've been through the FM-SE and FM Financial Requirements with a fine-tooth comb. She doesn't meet the financial requirements, but I do (cat F). Being self employed (groan!) I particularly wanted to check what we need inland revenue documents wise (I'm confident we have all the other documents for the financial requirement prepared correctly!).

From HMRC we need to provide:

-"Annual Self Assessment Tax Return to HMRC (a copy or print out)"- PRINTED OUT
-"UTR" - LISTED ON ABOVE DOCUMENT

-"Statement of account (SA300 or SA302)" - PRINTED OUT (as a side-note HMRC actually stopped issuing them to accountants as at 4th Sep this year, saying they should instead just print them off)

-"Proof of registration with HMRC as self employed if available" - Surely any of the above confirms I must be registered? (Although I understand at a push HMRC will mail something out confirming this)

-"Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last financial year" - My accountant provided me with a print out of my Tax Calculation for 2016/17 showing the required information.

Are these above print-outs acceptable or do I need the inland revenue to mail me a copy on their own headed paper? Worryingly, Appendix FMSE seems to suggest in earlier conditions ANY print-outs will not be accepted, although it seems that people have been successful with printed out SA302's at least.

We have a same day appointment in Glasgow in a few days, however we will have to postpone if we need to get the inland revenue to send out paper copies of the above documents. My wife's current Visa expires in mid October so I'm wary if it takes longer than 3 weeks or so for the Inland Revenue to send the documents out it would make life difficult for us to say the least.

One final question - a lot of people seem to be talking about bringing proof of the relationship such as photos of the wedding, emails back and forward etc but I have not found any of this listed as something we need to provide? Where is this listed as a requirement as I can't find mention of it?

This is a great site and resource, many thanks to everyone on here who helps and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction! :)

Thanks,
Stuart (& Claire)

(TLDR: Are print-outs acceptable for all the required inland revenue documents for self employed financial requirement (cat F), or do I need to get copies sent to me?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Phoning the Immigration Visa Helpline was a great help: "We are not allowed to advise you on what documents to bring in case they are rejected and you might hold us liable". Coming from the same government department that's a great help !

As for the proof of us living together being required - we originally didn't think this applied to us as it says we should submit this "If your application is as the partner of a settled person..." and we figured that I never "settled", I was here from birth. Looks like we were wrong on definitions! It's awkward as most of our bills etc are online, and I just kept everything household wise in my name (except Council Tax), but I believe we will be able to meet the requirement with asking enough companies to post out enough physical copies of statements to both of us.

So we've postponed our appointment to allow for the Tax Forms, extra bank statements showing tax being paid, and address verification to arrive. The only possible issue is our Same day appointment is now on 16th October (8am), and my wife's Tier 5 YMS Visa expires the following day. I take it there are no problems with this?

I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst - I figure if the application gets rejected then we can apply again on the 16th (making sure to change whatever was deemed incorrect) and pay immediately for a new online / postal application (and my understanding is that my wife will be able to stay in the country until a decision on the new application is made?). Hopefully it won't come to that but just preparing for the worst...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.