Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be working as a free-lance tourguide soon and have been told I can get a reduced tax rate because I am under 25 and won't be earning that much. I will be registering on this site: lautoentrepreneur.fr

This is the info I got:

HOW MUCH TAX DO YOU PAY

It is about 20%. But it is possible to get a cheaper tax rate. I have never been able to figure out how to do this. Someone told me they went into the URSSAF office once they had the number etc. enquired about it and got the cheaper rate. But there are a few conditions. I think you need to ask with 40 days of receiving your SIRET number and you may need to be under 25.

Does anyone know anything about this? I'd be most grateful! 20% is a lot of tax and I will only be earning like 1000-1200 a month!

Thanks!

·
Administrator
49,769 Posts
I think the information you got is a little confused.

As a "regular" employee, you have about 20 - 25% of your gross pay withheld to cover "cotisations" - the social insurances in France. You can avoid this if you are a student doing an internship and already have health (and other) insurance through your school.

If you're registering on the autoentrepreneur site, however, you're in a different category. You pay a flat percentage of your take to cover social insurances and it is whatever it is on the autoentrepreneur site. Your age and how much you're earning have nothing to do with it.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.