Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've just started collecting information about the Australia PR process and need some help with it.

I've around 6 years experience in Software Automation Testing. However, since Software Testing is not available on the SOL, I would like to nominate Software Engineer (261313) as the occupation to ACS.

I read in a few of the threads here that if my roles match to that of the Software Engineer occupation then I can nominate it. The good news is that my roles actually do match with the roles mentioned for the Software Engineer occupation. Now here is the question:

With all my jobs till now, my designation has been Software Quality Assurance Engineer OR Software Quality Engineer. Does ACS consider the designation also while making the assessment or is the assessment based only on the roles defined in the experience letter / statutory declaration?

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does ACS consider the designation also while making the assessment or is the assessment based only on the roles defined in the experience letter / statutory declaration?

Thanks,
Ankit
No matter what your designation is, if your roles and responsibilities are aligned to the requirements for this category (261313, software engineer) you will be assessed accordingly.

I just got my skill assessment results yesterday for 261313 and my job titles were Software Engineer, Engineer - Application Support, Sr. Engineer - Application Support, Engineer - IT Apps, Implementation Consultant and I got them all assessed by ACS for software engineer code. So, go ahead and good luck!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No matter what your designation is, if your roles and responsibilities are aligned to the requirements for this category (261313, software engineer) you will be assessed accordingly.

I just got my skill assessment results yesterday for 261313 and my job titles were Software Engineer, Engineer - Application Support, Sr. Engineer - Application Support, Engineer - IT Apps, Implementation Consultant and I got them all assessed by ACS for software engineer code. So, go ahead and good luck!
Hi maddy13885,

Thanks for the information.

Good to hear that you got you have received your ACS +ve letter. Wish you luck!

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi maddy13885,

I have around 5 years experience in testing. One of my ex-employers has agreed to reissue a new experience letter to me with roles and responsibilities that of automation testing (even though I worked on manual testing at that time). She has told me to send the format of the experience letter required.

Can please share the roles and responsibilities you had submitted to ACS, so that I can use them as a guideline to draft one for myself.

Thank you,
Vishal

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi

Hi maddy13885,

I have around 5 years experience in testing. One of my ex-employers has agreed to reissue a new experience letter to me with roles and responsibilities that of automation testing (even though I worked on manual testing at that time). She has told me to send the format of the experience letter required.

Can please share the roles and responsibilities you had submitted to ACS, so that I can use them as a guideline to draft one for myself.

Thank you,
Vishal
Vishal, you might want to go through the ABS website to see the description of the responsibilities that you should have done to be eligible to apply for a particular occupation code. I will not be able to post the link as I'm new to this site and the site has some restrictions regarding the same. You can just google and find the ABS website.

Happy to help!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi

Hi maddy,

I've a few more questions and I would be grateful if you can share the information you have on these.

I see on a few threads on this website where people have mentioned it is mandatory to have the statutory declaration by your supervisor in the company and you should also submit a visiting card of your colleague and their land line number. Also, there should be an organization chart which proves that the declarer has been your supervisor and the organization chart should be certified by the employer with a stamp seal and signature.

Now my queries are:
1) Is it mandatory that the declarer has to be my supervisor? I checked on the ACS website they have mentioned that it is preferable that the work colleague providing the statutory declaration be at a supervisory level. What is your idea about this?

2) Well, I'm talking about my employment 8 years ago and none of my colleagues / supervisors are working there now. So definitely I can not give the landline number and visiting card.

3) And what about the organization chart? This is nowhere mentioned on the ACS website. Is it mandatory or good to have?

Appreciate your time and effort!

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Ankit ,

Good day. So finally did you apply for Software Engineer role with the testing designations? What happened?
I am facing a similar situation now. In my previous company I have performed the responsibilities mentioned under ''Software Engineer" . I had held designations of Software Engineer , Senior Software Engineer and finally while exiting I had the designation of Test Lead. In my final release letter on company letter head it is mentioned that ' the last designation held by him is of Test Lead' . I dont have any other proof on company letter head that I had held the previous designations of 'Software Engineer' and 'Senior Software Engineer' . While applying for ACS should I give the last title held ie 'Test Lead' . I want to apply under the role Software Engineer. Will applying as title Test Lead impact the ACS report
although my roles and responsibilities are that of 'Software Engineer' .

Please do help me .

Thanks ,
Ron_Aus

·
Registered
126 Posts
Statutory Declaration for a Software Automation Engineer to apply under 261313

Dear all,

I am working as a Software Test automation Engineer from past 5.5 years.
I would like to apply under 261313, software engineer code.

Since I am unable to get reference letters from employers, I am planning to do statutory declaration for employement.
Can anyone share statutory declaration made for Software Test Automation Engineer.

In addition to that any Automation test engineer applied under this jobcode(261313) and got positive assessment? Please let me know. :)
Thanks in advance.

VVP

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dear all,

I am working as a Software Test automation Engineer from past 5.5 years.
I would like to apply under 261313, software engineer code.

Since I am unable to get reference letters from employers, I am planning to do statutory declaration for employement.
Can anyone share statutory declaration made for Software Test Automation Engineer.

In addition to that any Automation test engineer applied under this jobcode(261313) and got positive assessment? Please let me know. :)
Thanks in advance.

VVP
Are you looking for a format or specific declaration to your profile?

Amit

·
Registered
126 Posts

Amit
Hi Buddy,
Specific declaration buddy. I think you already provided me format in other post.
Thing is i saw that Software tester is not in 189 subclass skill list.
So i thought will apply as Software Engineer

·
Registered
126 Posts
Best of Luck buddy

Amit
Thanks. :)
You know any Automation engineer getting assessed positive for 261313 ,Software Engineer code?
My fingers are already crossed.
I am planning to get statutory declaration tomorrow and planning to apply for ACS assessment by Monday.
So if i hear some positive assessment of Automation engineer, then that will definitely give me more energy . ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Best of Luck buddy

Amit
One more quick question.
Do i need to mention all my designation I had from the day i joined my current company? Or latest title only.?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello All,

I've just started collecting information about the Australia PR process and need some help with it.

I've around 6 years experience in Software Automation Testing. However, since Software Testing is not available on the SOL, I would like to nominate Software Engineer (261313) as the occupation to ACS.

I read in a few of the threads here that if my roles match to that of the Software Engineer occupation then I can nominate it. The good news is that my roles actually do match with the roles mentioned for the Software Engineer occupation. Now here is the question:

With all my jobs till now, my designation has been Software Quality Assurance Engineer OR Software Quality Engineer. Does ACS consider the designation also while making the assessment or is the assessment based only on the roles defined in the experience letter / statutory declaration?

Thanks,
Ankit
Hi Ankit,
Have you applied under 261313?
Have you got positive skill assessment for Test automation under 261313.
Please let me know.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks. :)
You know any Automation engineer getting assessed positive for 261313 ,Software Engineer code?
My fingers are already crossed.
I am planning to get statutory declaration tomorrow and planning to apply for ACS assessment by Monday.
So if i hear some positive assessment of Automation engineer, then that will definitely give me more energy . ;)
Sorry mate, no contacts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any State Nomination for 261313

Dear Sathya

I got positive assessment from ACS today and got ACS overall 7 (7.5,7,6.5,6.5) (6.5 years exp as ACS .. 55 points for 189..). I am planning for a state migration. Is there any state that I can apply EOI now for 261313. waiting for your valuable reply.

Navas

·
Registered
126 Posts
ACS rejection / Negative assessment

Dear all,

I am an Software Automation Test Engineer basically doing programming only.
No manual testing whatsoever.

I am planning ACS assessment under 261313 and this has been asked in a seperate thread as well.

The purpose of this post is to deal with the outcomes of assessment.

1 ) If i apply under 261313 Software Engg, then since i am an Automation
Engineer, Will ACS may reject or they will suggest that i apply under 261314
(Software tester)?

2)If they suggest that i should apply under 261314, then again do i need to pay
fees?

3) Incase ACS assess my application as negative, can i apply for review changing job code?

I sincerely request senior members to pour in their views as i am planning to apply as soon as possible.

Thanks
VVP.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Amit
Hi buddy,

How did you pay assessment fees?
If we pay through credit card, then they will deduct a lot for foreign exchange right?
or any other easy and economical way?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi buddy,

How did you pay assessment fees?
If we pay through credit card, then they will deduct a lot for foreign exchange right?
or any other easy and economical way?

hey Vishnu, go ahead and apply for software engineer, I got my assessment regarding the same.

Reactions: vishnuvpotty
1 - 20 of 41 Posts