Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Forum,

Thank you for your time and advice.

I am a domestic worker with a British expatriate in Dubai. I have been working with them since 5th December, 2014. I renew my visa yearly. They give me my yearly vacation in Summer July - August when schools are closed in order to tally with their children holidays. This year 2017, I visited my children and I decided to extend my vacation due to some personal family issues that are not allowing me to return after one month. I wrote them a letter to explain my apologies and that I would like to forfeit my job and they can hire someone else and when I will look for another employer. They empathized but they still insist I return and finish my contract with them. My contract expires in February 2018. I told them I cannot leave my children now because of some personal issues at hand. They have threatened to file a case against me to pay for their visa process money and money to replace another house help. I feel a lot of regret that I have to leave my job but I have to prioritize my children at the moment.

Kindly advice me on this issue.

Thank you

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Unfortunately, you are putting them in a difficult situation too with additional expenses, having to report an absconding maid, and then having to find someone else without warning.

it will be difficult for you to find another job with an absconding report.

Best to come up with an amicable situation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.