Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Posting this query to seek some information on the Statutory Declaration requirements. My first organization does not exist anymore and hence, I cannot procure a reference letter. So, I am doing some preparatory work to obtain a Statutory Declaration from an ex-colleague with whom I worked in the same organization many years ago. But he happens to be my colleague in my current company as well.

Can I get an SD from him in the current situation? Some of the previous posts on this topic mentioned that it is preferable to get it from a person who is still with the previous organization though it does not seem to be mandatory. I do have the supporting documents mentioned in the ACS website to be produced as a proof of my employment with the previous organization. What I cannot get is any employment reference of the person, say his ID card, that is going to provide the SD. Did anyone experience such a situation previously? If yes, how did you go about it?

Thanks,
Sankar

·
Registered
24,410 Posts
Hi,

Posting this query to seek some information on the Statutory Declaration requirements. My first organization does not exist anymore and hence, I cannot procure a reference letter. So, I am doing some preparatory work to obtain a Statutory Declaration from an ex-colleague with whom I worked in the same organization many years ago. But he happens to be my colleague in my current company as well.

Can I get an SD from him in the current situation? Some of the previous posts on this topic mentioned that it is preferable to get it from a person who is still with the previous organization though it does not seem to be mandatory. I do have the supporting documents mentioned in the ACS website to be produced as a proof of my employment with the previous organization. What I cannot get is any employment reference of the person, say his ID card, that is going to provide the SD. Did anyone experience such a situation previously? If yes, how did you go about it?

Thanks,
Sankar
If the company has closed, obviously no one is available who can give you the SD Or reference letter

The colleague who will be issuing the SD for that period is he willing to give his present company official email I'd and designation?
Also some proof similar to what you are providing like his payslip etc. For that old company which shows his designation etc. In the company during the period you are getting the SD

Other supporting proof you have confirmed you already have

If you can manage these things, in my personal opinion, both ACS and later on DIBP should have no hesitation in accepting it as genuine

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
along with that very specific lines that he was your colleague at that time and should add some proof of his employment at that time... I suffered from this scenario recently... i will apply for review this week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the company has closed, obviously no one is available who can give you the SD Or reference letter

The colleague who will be issuing the SD for that period is he willing to give his present company official email I'd and designation?
Also some proof similar to what you are providing like his payslip etc. For that old company which shows his designation etc. In the company during the period you are getting the SD

Other supporting proof you have confirmed you already have

If you can manage these things, in my personal opinion, both ACS and later on DIBP should have no hesitation in accepting it as genuine

Cheers
Thank you. I will take care of the aspects you highlighted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
along with that very specific lines that he was your colleague at that time and should add some proof of his employment at that time... I suffered from this scenario recently... i will apply for review this week.
Thanks, Subhash. Do you mean to say that that the declaration should highlight his tenure also? And, do you have a template that you followed to prepare the declaration?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Subhash...Can you plz confirm again that we need to give proof for the person writing the SD for us...on ACS site it says it shud be in the respect of the applicant not the declaring person....and just realised that u have not submitted the EOI so meaning that U faced this issue during ACS assessment...but on acs site it says
either
Salary Slips
or
Experience letter or reliving letter on company letterhead
have u faced issue even after producing these documents for SD..plz confirm..because for me also it is upcoming..thnx in advance!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts