Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all and thanks for reading my post!

I have recently moved to Sharm el Sheikh from London, and am looking to meet some english speaking friends! I enjoy all the usual kinds of things such as shopping, going for coffee, visiting bars and clubs, and day trips / sightseeing. I am looking to meet genuine female friends of any age (I am 31) with similar interests.

So if you have recently moved here like me, or alternatively if you just want to widen your circle of friends, then please do get in touch - it would be really nice to hear from you!

Best wishes

Sal x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Sal,

I too am looking for female friends in Sharm after moving here 3 months ago. I am also 31, from Wales originally, and like the usual things just like you.

Get in touch :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi again!!

Sorry, I just realised how stupidly vague my last post was!!!
I'm living in Sharks Bay with my Egyptian husband, I'm not working and the novelty of living in a good hotel has worn off pretty quickly!!! Although I do love speaking to the British guests, it's nice to be able to speak to someone who's first language is English.

I'm looking forward to going back home for 2 weeks over Christmas, but i'll be traveling alone, and my husband has not had enough time to apply for the visa!

Anna

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well hello there,
I would like to join the "group" :)

As you can see I'm from Poland, but it would be nice to talk GOOD English with someone sometimes :) maybe relax together on the beach, coffee and meet new friends, if you don't mind that I'm not from UK :)
Too much Egyptian-English around, and soon I will forget how to speak correctly :p

29 y, living here since May, with a small break last month...so I'm staying here for Christmas and NYE for sure.

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi and thank you for your replies - for a while there I was staring to think that no one wanted to be my friend!! :D

Anna - It seems like we might have quite a lot in common!! I am also from Wales originally, although I have lived in London for the last few years. I too am living in Sharm with my Egyptian husband, but I only arrived 10 days ago. I have visited many times before so was aware of what to expect - however it all still seems like quite a lot to take in at the moment!!! I am not working either, although I hope to start taking Arabic lessons soon.

M4rtini - Of course it's no problem that you're not from the UK, so long as you don't mind that I only speak English!! I will also be here for Christmas and New Year, it will be my first Christmas abroad. Relaxing on the beach or going for coffee sounds great. I have been getting out and about ,but sunbathing or sitting in starbucks is just not the same when you're on your own :sad:

I am not too sure about putting my email address here with it being a public forum. But apparently, once you have made 5 posts you are able to private message..... so I am off to make a couple more posts!!

Sal x

·
Registered
24 Posts
So write more here with Anna, only 2 posts left :)

And we will exchange contacts in PW to arrange meeting somewhere, or go all together on the beach - until you both are flexible and not busy with work :)

m.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Mmmm, 2 more posts, can't be too difficult, hehe.

Sal - yes it does sound like we have a lot in common, would be fun to meet up with someone who seems to have so much in common with me so far from home :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
and M4rtini, of course it doesn't matter that you're not from the UK, more the merrier I say, and again, I only speak English (and a little Welsh, which won't get me very far over here!!!)

am I up to 5 posts now?!!!

Anna x

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hi All,

I am also female living in Sharm - I haven't jumped onto this thread so far though because as I am in full-time work and also a full-time mummy I really am not at all flexible and didn't want people to feel they would have to work around me. I always used to hook up with my best friend here every Thursday or Friday evening for a coffee, but she's heading back to UK :( so will soon to be just me and my girl again.

I don't want to be a nuisance, but please could you post up here (or PM me if it's risky?) where and when you will all plan to meet up and if I can I would love to meet you all too.

:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Sal

Yes you will be able to use the private message facility after five posts.
We do not allow email or telephone numbers to be posted, this is for your own benefit as it
stops unsolicited contacts.
I am sure you will meet lots of new friends
Maiden
Thank you Maiden - yes posting my email address online probably wouldn't have been the best idea!

Sal x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi All,

I am also female living in Sharm - I haven't jumped onto this thread so far though because as I am in full-time work and also a full-time mummy I really am not at all flexible and didn't want people to feel they would have to work around me. I always used to hook up with my best friend here every Thursday or Friday evening for a coffee, but she's heading back to UK :( so will soon to be just me and my girl again.

I don't want to be a nuisance, but please could you post up here (or PM me if it's risky?) where and when you will all plan to meet up and if I can I would love to meet you all too.

:D
Hi Sam, it's really nice to hear from you - and of course it's not a problem that you don't have a lot of flexibility!! Fortunately I (and the others from the sound of it) are very flexible so I am sure we can work round each other. It would be lovely to see you and of course we'll let you know what our plans are.

Sal x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just curious as I see a lot of expats living in sharm. Are all the jobs in Sharm hospitality related or is there also non-tourism industry in the area. We LOVE sharm and being able to live there- at least for a few years would be amazing.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just curious as I see a lot of expats living in sharm. Are all the jobs in Sharm hospitality related or is there also non-tourism industry in the area. We LOVE sharm and being able to live there- at least for a few years would be amazing.
Of course Sharm is a city just like any other - there are many jobs outside of tourism. Doctors, dentists etc and their staff, bars and restaurants, diving centres (not exactly tourism), real estate, computer shops and fixing places, hairdressers, spas, butchers, bakers, magazines & newspapers and their editorial teams - EVERYTHING every city needs is here and therefore every job you might want is here, it is perhaps just on a smaller scale and so more competitive.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hi Sam, it's really nice to hear from you - and of course it's not a problem that you don't have a lot of flexibility!! Fortunately I (and the others from the sound of it) are very flexible so I am sure we can work round each other. It would be lovely to see you and of course we'll let you know what our plans are.

Sal x

Have replied to your PM so let's all keep in touch and hopefully make some good friends :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts