Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Please kindly advise on my doubts about ACS employment references letter.

1. If now I get employment reference letter from my current employer, and submit it to ACS in 1 year time, will the letter still be valid? The reason for this is that I may leave current employer soon and want to save the hassle, thereafter,

2. If the employment letter is endorsed by my ex-boss, now resigned, will it be valid? If it is, what is the information that my boss need to provide?

Thanks much for your help! Have a nice day! :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1. It is okay to get the letter now as of this date, but then ACS will put an end-date to this employment of yours as the date on the letter- thus you will lose out on maybe a few months in this employment.

2. Do you mean he has resigned but is still serving his last few weeks/ months there? If so, then he is still in a position to write about you, and hence he can. If he is no longer working there, then it is completely wrong for someone who is not currently working with you to write about your "current" job responsibilities. The information required from him would be his position, his work relationship with you, his employment dates, and contact details.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts