Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post in this forum, but I have been reading it for a while and this allowed me to make the choice to apply for a visa without the use of an agent.

I gave my IELTS last week, and I am now back to the preparation of the documents for the skills assessment.

My target is to submit an EOI for an independent visa as an ICT Business Analyst - 261111.

I have a PhD in Physics and therefore I understand that I better go through the RPL road directly.

Concerning the two project reports for my RPL, is there any advice from which period of my career should they be? Clearly for me it is easier to report about recent projects as I can more easily remember every detail and it would be easier for me gather evidences, but I do not know if it is better to also speak about past experience. What do you advice?

As I have been mainly working as a consultant/contractor, all documents related to the projects are property of the client and I am normally not allowed to bring them out of client's premises or to transfer them electronically. Anybody had to deal with this problem before? Any suggestion on types of evidences that I may use to replace or complement the project documentation?

I have been self-employed for 6 years and I seem to understand that I can use reference letters from clients instead of a work certificate. Do these letters need to be authenticated in any way? I have the same questions about letters from senior colleagues for one job which I did not receive a certificate for.

Finally, given the fact that (a) I have a PhD and (b) my education is not related to my work experience, should I still provide details of all units and subject name and grades achieved at University for my diploma?

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks,
Luca

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found an answer to my first question on the project reports (need one from last 3 years and one from the last 5 years).

Anybody able to give me hints on the other questions above on:
- Evidences to be used in RPL project reports;
- Authentication of reference letters from clients and senior colleagues;
- Detail on university units if holding a PhD.

Thanks!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I found an answer to my first question on the project reports (need one from last 3 years and one from the last 5 years).

Anybody able to give me hints on the other questions above on:
- Evidences to be used in RPL project reports;
- Authentication of reference letters from clients and senior colleagues;
- Detail on university units if holding a PhD.

Thanks!
After completion of RPL form . you should provide every thing which can support ur projects which u mentioned. i mean company or clients.
plus provide ur masters and Phd and graduation qualification in detail as transcripts. so they will assess themselves that how to calculate your exp and education.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts