Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seeking advice plis, i and my fiance,( english guy), we are planning to register a marriage in the church of E in two weeks time, im on student visa which expires october 2014, ukba shuts my college october 2011, and havent been going to the college since then, my main worry is tht , at the church are they going to get in touch with home office and find out wht i have been doing, really stressed out.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
seeking advice plis, i and my fiance,( english guy), we are planning to register a marriage in the church of E in two weeks time, im on student visa which expires october 2014, ukba shuts my college october 2011, and havent been going to the college since then, my main worry is tht , at the church are they going to get in touch with home office and find out wht i have been doing, really stressed out.
UKBA shut your college in late 2011 and you're still here? Why?

I don't know if the church will check with the Home Office or not but I can assure you that when you try to convert your student visa to a spouse visa you will be exposed as a visa cheat.

Sorry, no other way to put it.

ETA: I understand WCCG's post. There are terrific stresses on the entire UK right now re employment and EU migrants arriving for work. We're all a lot tense about the upcoming influx anticipated in January.

To the OP, have you looked for UK based temp agencies for potential employment after arrival? Also, since you took your post-grad degree in Glasgow, surely you have contacts there who can point you in the right direction, have you made contact with them, or contacted agencies you might have become aware of whilst in the city for your education?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AmericanIn..... thanx for your reply, they gave us a chance to go find another college. my visa is still valid tll end of 2014. i cant swop to spouse after obtaining marriage license. they wil thnk im cheating how please help.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
AmericanIn..... thanx for your reply, they gave us a chance to go find another college. my visa is still valid tll end of 2014. i cant swop to spouse after obtaining marriage license. they wil thnk im cheating how please help.
1-you're hijacking the OP's thread - start a thread with your specific question.

2-or not, because I'm about to answer your question definitively and then you likely won't need to start anything more than packing...

Your college was closed by the UKBA in 2011. You were given notice to find a new college. Since October 2011 to this day you have not found a new college.

You are therefore in violation of the terms of your student visa - surely you knew that?

You need to leave the UK, return to your home country, and apply for a fiancee visa to return to the UK legally.

Or your fiance can go with you to your home country, marry you, and then you can apply for a spouse visa to return to the UK. Be advised there are rules that must be followed, a financial requirement your spouse must meet, and you must explain why you violated the terms of your student visa to remain in the UK after your college closed and you failed to find a new college.

Please do not reply to my post here, if you have further questions you should start your own thread. Really, though, you shouldn't have any more questions. All of the information I've posted is easily available on the UKBA website under the student visa tabs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.