Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

First of all, I would like to Thank the administrator of Expatforum and all it's members for creating such a wonderful thread to have discussions. Both me and my wife intend to Immigrate to Canada, and like any new immigrant, we have several queries and are equally nervous to take the tough decision.

I am 30 yrs. old, having completed my Bachelors in Business Administration and then MBA. I worked for 1 year in a private bank in Delhi, then for 4.5 years with the Australian High Commission, New Delhi as a Visa Officer. Currently, I am working with the American Embassy Delhi as a Visa Assistant. My wife completed her Bachelor of Dental Surgery from India. We have a 9 month old son.

I have visited Canada couple of times as a visitor. I have also researched regarding the Express entry system and about job scenarios in Canada. My query and concern is in terms of employment. Considering my background, I wanted feedback and guidance from the Expat Members as to whether I would be able to find any jobs with Universities, etc. As I've read that the employers look in for a Canadian Experience.

Feedback and suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Vineet Bhatia

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
How does your background prepare you for a job with a university? And what kind of job?

And your wife will not be allowed to work as a dentist here until she has become licensed, which will involve going back to university.

Speaking of university, it is entirely possible that your education (or your wife's) will not be considered equivalent to a Canadian education system because the Indian system simply is not up to our standards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does your background prepare you for a job with a university? And what kind of job?

And your wife will not be allowed to work as a dentist here until she has become licensed, which will involve going back to university.

Speaking of university, it is entirely possible that your education (or your wife's) will not be considered equivalent to a Canadian education system because the Indian system simply is not up to our standards.
Hi! Thanks for your revert! Well I had asked regarding university jobs in terms of getting any academic assistant /academic counsellor related profiles. Yes, I am fully aware that my wife needs to clear NDEB locensing examination. And just for information purposes, WES Canada evaluates the credentials of any study done outside Canada, the report is sent to educatioanl institutions, employers etc.
But Thanks again for your revert!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hi! Thanks for your revert! Well I had asked regarding university jobs in terms of getting any academic assistant /academic counsellor related profiles.

We don't have academic assistants, and your background (as described above) would not qualify you for a position as an academic counselor.

And just for information purposes, WES Canada evaluates the credentials of any study done outside Canada, the report is sent to educatioanl institutions, employers etc.
But Thanks again for your revert!

I am well aware of that, but the Indian education system simply is not up to Canadian standards and it is not at all unusual for people from India to find out that their education is evaluated at a lower level here in Canada than in India.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We don't have academic assistants, and your background (as described above) would not qualify you for a position as an academic counselor.

I am well aware of that, but the Indian education system simply is not up to Canadian standards and it is not at all unusual for people from India to find out that their education is evaluated at a lower level here in Canada than in India.
Sure. Thanks for the revert and advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.