Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Expats,

I've received an invitation to apply for Visa Subclass 190 and I'm about to lodge the visa application.

When applying to SA for sponsorship, I indicated that my dependants (wife & 3 kids) will not be added to this application. In SkillSelect, I did indicate that my wife and kids will not be part of this application, but they'll be added in future application. Upon further research, I realise it is better for all of us to apply together. With current decision to apply for all, do I have to attach Form 1022 or I can just include them?

Besides, my invitation expires on 18th May, and I've been given 13th May to pick up my kids passports. All the other document are ready now. If I wait to start applying on 13th May, is the remaining 5 days enough for me to complete the application?

Any good advice will be very much appreciated...:):):)

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
With the 190 visa, you can change your mind about including your partner and kids at any time until the visa has been granted, independent of what you indicated in the SA sponsorship application and EOI. I would apply with the whole family as secondary applicants, if I were you. Alternatively, you can submit form 1022 after the application has been lodged... it should not make much difference.

Five days should be plenty of time to complete the application - you only have to fill out the online form and pay the fee. Make sure your credit card allows payment of the full fee in one go. Document upload happens after the application has been submitted and it takes a couple of weeks to months to get a case officer anyway, so there is no hurry to get all the scans and certified copies in order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the 190 visa, you can change your mind about including your partner and kids at any time until the visa has been granted, independent of what you indicated in the SA sponsorship application and EOI. I would apply with the whole family as secondary applicants, if I were you. Alternatively, you can submit form 1022 after the application has been lodged... it should not make much difference.

Five days should be plenty of time to complete the application - you only have to fill out the online form and pay the fee. Make sure your credit cards allows payment of the full fee in one go. Document upload happens after the application has been submitted and it takes a couple of weeks to months to get a case officer anyway, so there is no hurry to get all the scans and certified copies in order.

Highly grateful for the detailed answer, espresso.

Certainly, I'll be applying with the whole family as secondary applicants. I contacted my bankers yesterday and it was confirmed to me that my credit card allows unlimited online payment.

Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts