Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
785 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  luvjd 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I've submitted EOI with

65 points on 189
70 points on 190

I'd like to claim spouse points (5 points) in my EOI.

Need urgent assessment and advise to determine whether her ACS results will be positive or not based on the following details.

Electronics and communication engineering degree - 2009 to 2013 - Visweswaraiah Technological University, Karnataka. INDIA

IT experience as 261311 - Analyst Programmer
24/07/2013 to 05/11/2013 - IBM India Pvt Ltd - Technical Support Representative
22/11/2013 to 28/10/2013 - Cognizant India - Programmer Analyst

Many said 4 years minimum experience is required for positive assessment and some said it is 2 years. Some also said experience doesn't matter. :confused:

Regards,
Pavan

See less See more
#2 ·
Experience does matter and a minimum of 2 years at least. In your wife's case it would be 4 years due to her ECE degree. If the experience you listed is all that she has had, then it isn't sufficient to receive a positive outcome. Sadly, you cannot benefit from 5 partner points.

#3 ·
Thanks KeeDa.
A small correction in the post.

Hi all,
I've submitted EOI with

65 points on 189
70 points on 190

I'd like to claim spouse points (5 points) in my EOI.

Need urgent assessment and advise to determine whether her ACS results will be positive or not based on the following details.

Electronics and communication engineering degree - 2009 to 2013 - Visweswaraiah Technological University, Karnataka. INDIA

IT experience as 261311 - Analyst Programmer
24/07/2013 to 05/11/2013 - IBM India Pvt Ltd - Technical Support Representative
22/11/2013 to 28/10/2016 - Cognizant India - Programmer Analyst

Many said 4 years minimum experience is required for positive assessment and some said it is 2 years. Some also said experience doesn't matter.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

#4 ·
Non-ICT Degree requires a minimum of 4 years experience. ECE is a not an ICT degree which means you may not be able to claim partner points.
Try to improve your points in English instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.