Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Seniors,
I have lodged my visa application on 3rd July 2016 and after submitting my documents on 7 August there is a complete silence from DIBP and on November 19 they replied this to my follow up email.

The Department recognises that the time taken to process your application may be causing you and your family concern. We are seeking to process your application as soon as possible. You will appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia’s migration legislation. This often includes requirements that all applicants undertake and meet health, character and national security checks that are undertaken by other agencies; and this can take some time.

The timing for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another, depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application. I understand your concerns and you can be assured that the department will do all we can to ensure that your application is finalised as quickly as possible.

Does the above msg means that my case is with external SC and how much time will it gonna take. Btw I didnt claim any points for employment.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi Seniors,
I have lodged my visa application on 3rd July 2016 and after submitting my documents on 7 August there is a complete silence from DIBP and on November 19 they replied this to my follow up email.

The Department recognises that the time taken to process your application may be causing you and your family concern. We are seeking to process your application as soon as possible. You will appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia’s migration legislation. This often includes requirements that all applicants undertake and meet health, character and national security checks that are undertaken by other agencies; and this can take some time.

The timing for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another, depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application. I understand your concerns and you can be assured that the department will do all we can to ensure that your application is finalised as quickly as possible.

Does the above msg means that my case is with external SC and how much time will it gonna take. Btw I didnt claim any points for employment.

Don't worry, this is just a copy and paste Email template to not ask for status update !

·
Registered
245 Posts
BTW are u with Brisbane or Adelaide?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't worry, this is just a copy and paste Email template to not ask for status update !
But I havnt claim any points for emploment and neither I have any migrating dependent but still 6 months has been passed without any update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts