Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!

I'm here asking because, if fact, I did send off my declaration, however, it has been about 20 days, including weekends and I'm guessing it is taking some real time to get through paperwork as May is a huge holiday month.

May I ask first how long does it take normally for them to receive (in paris) and declare your medecin traitant?

As well, the problem now is, I'm having some medical issues and since it is not technically declared I am paying out of pocket for everything!

My next question is, since my declaration was signed and delivered by lettre suivi before these appointments took place will I be refunded the money? Even if it's not in the system, I technically did have a treating doctor. Will they back date these refunds?

I know this is more of a secu question but its the weekend, and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue before I go Monday and wait in line for an hour or two for them to tell me no.

Thanks so much!

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hello!!

I'm here asking because, if fact, I did send off my declaration, however, it has been about 20 days, including weekends and I'm guessing it is taking some real time to get through paperwork as May is a huge holiday month.

May I ask first how long does it take normally for them to receive (in paris) and declare your medecin traitant?

As well, the problem now is, I'm having some medical issues and since it is not technically declared I am paying out of pocket for everything!

My next question is, since my declaration was signed and delivered by lettre suivi before these appointments took place will I be refunded the money? Even if it's not in the system, I technically did have a treating doctor. Will they back date these refunds?

I know this is more of a secu question but its the weekend, and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue before I go Monday and wait in line for an hour or two for them to tell me no.

Thanks so much!
CPAM told me not to worry about submitting the form until I next visited the doctor (they were of the view that doctors generally charge when they agree to be your medecin traitant and that therefore it's an unnecessary expense if you're not actually visiting for another reason) - it should not be an issue for reimbursement. However, it would be worth checking with them to see where they are with the process.

·
Administrator
51,574 Posts
If what you're waiting for is merely the declaration of your medecin traitant, it's no big deal. If you're already enrolled in the sécu and have your Carte Vitale, you'll be reimbursed at a slightly lower rate if you have no medecin traitant declared.

If it's your Carte Vitale you're waiting on, that could take "a few" months, plus the back and forth with a few new documents. But you always have the option to just go in and see a doctor, pay the fee (which you'd have to do anyhow) and then submit the claims once you have your carte vitale and/or sécu number.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello !

Thanks for the responses. However, its not quite what i was asking. Haha. I may have been a bit unclear.

I have a carte vitale and i know that i will be reimbursed but at a slightly lower rate but i basically cannot afford that. Id like to be reimbursed fully as i do have a treating doctor but the secu has not of yet declared them on my dossier.

Therefore, once the doctor has been declared, can i got to them (secu) and ask for a FULL refund and instead of just a partial seeing as its was their delay of treating my paperwork that caused me to pay and not because i didnt actually have a doctor already?

Basically will they back refund me for their delay or will it just be an "oh well you went to the doctor before we got to your paperwork" so no refund kind of thing?

Has anyone had this sort of thing?

Thanks again guys!!!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
ameli.fr - Le parcours de soins coordonnés

As you will see from this link, it is possible for a doctor and patient to declare the médecin traitant directly via internet and your carte vitale - but apparently this was not done in your case.

However as you have chosen the doctor and sent off the paperwork it is very unlikely that they will penalise you by reimbursing at the lower rate as you have done all you could and should.

If by any chance they do, fight it but I am sure that it won't come to that.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Therefore, once the doctor has been declared, can i got to them (secu) and ask for a FULL refund and instead of just a partial seeing as its was their delay of treating my paperwork that caused me to pay and not because i didnt actually have a doctor already?
If by FULL refund you mean the standard refund, not the full fee.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys I think its my wording haha of course i mean the normal refund amount. I just dont want to only get stuck with the partial of the partial refund because i dont have a treating doctor on file although i did send it almost a month ago. I went to the doctors recently and i had to pay more because its notre registered yet in my dossier. Just was asking if once i am registered will they give the a refund as if i had had my doctorale already on file.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts