Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pg. 26 .. 7.1 ... "Are you or your sponsor in receipt of a benefit listed in Section 21d of the guidance notes?"

Then it says, "If you claim to be exempt from meeting the financial threshold you must submit relevant evidence, as specified, of your eligibility to be exempt.

YES ... Go to Section 7B
NO ... Go to question 7.2

Ok.. In the guidance notes for 21d)
They give a list of ways to meet the financial requirement through. One of the options is
* State or private pensions of you and your sponsor

This is very confusing: We are NOT claiming to be exempt from meeting the financial threshold ??? We will meet it with our pensions.

Also, what box do we tick for question 7.1 ?

YES ...we are exempt ( go to 7B )
NO ... Go to question 7.2

Both my husband and I are seniors and retired. So our income is our pensions, which does meet the threshold of £18,600.

I'm not sure what box we tick for question 7.1.
We are in receipt of a benefit listed in the guidance notes 21 d) ... So do we tick YES and not fill out any of the questions on pgs. 27-35?

Hoping another Senior person can help me with this question.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really need help with these questions, please. If Joppa or Nyclon can help me, I'd really appreciate it.
Also with this second application, is there a separate form to fill out in regards to finances. When I did the first application for my spousal visa I had to fill out a finance form, think it might have been called appendix 2.

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
So you meet the financial requirement through your pensions, but you are also receiving benefits which exempts you from the financial requirement?

I would say claim exemption ("yes" to 7.1) and don't fill out any questions about meeting the financial requirement. Though you will still need to show some evidence of your pensions to prove adequate maintenance (rather than meet the financial requirement). It should be more than enough.

There's no appendix 2 for FLR(M), all of the financial questions are on the application form itself

Reactions: twee

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks clever octopus. Finding that section so confusing... Yes, I will have bank statements showing Pension deposits and will go into the bank and have them stamp the statements. Is it 6 months or 12 months for proof of money going in? There's just not enough guidance on what I'm to do if using the Pension route. Our other option could be savings but again after reading can't tell how much proof or documents they need for that option either. I've downloaded the guide and read over the form so many times but in a panic that I'm not doing things correctly. Don't want to arrive at appointment and then be told I haven't done what I'm suppose to do.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
But you're not "using the pension route" if you're claiming exemption... If the eligible partner is receiving (for instance) disability benefits then you don't need to meet the financial requirement, at all, there's no concept of "6 or 12 months"

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nooo that is what is so confusing. We are not on any benefits at all. We are just two retired people who are living on our pensions now. Ordinary pensions from years of work. We do not have any special government disability. My husband's gets his old age pension and I have two pensions from Canada from working and living in Canada for 63 years.

The confusion is ... According to the guidance notes 21d) they list ways to meet the financial requirements ..both private and state pensions of myself and my husband is one way but they are not benefits.

I have two pensions from Canada and my husband has one pension from the UK. All are from years of working. The total of our pensions will fill the financial requirement.

I don't know what box to tick, what pages to fill in and then what documents to submit in order to show Home Office proof.

I've read the guidance notes over and over. :(

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
We are not on any benefits at all
We are in receipt of a benefit listed in the guidance notes 21 d)
Ok, this is what confused me. Read 21d carefully - First it lists ways of meeting the financial requirement (income from employment, pensions, etc.), and then separately, ways of claiming exemption (carer's allowance, disability benefits, etc).

So you're not receiving BENEFITS, which would exempt you from meeting the financial requirement, but you are receiving PENSIONS, and therefore you will simply meet the financial requirement through pension income.

The answer to 7.1 is No.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks once again Clever-Octopus.

Ok ... Now that I know which box to tick, what documents must us now include to prove our pensions will cover the £18,600 required?

I'm planning on getting bank statements showing our Pension monies coming in, but how many months of these statements do I need to get? Is it 6 months or a year?

For the financial sections what exactly is everything required if you are relying on pension money?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
10(e) To evidence a pension:
(i) Official documentation from:
(1) The Department for Work and Pensions (in respect of the Basic State Pension and the Additional or Second State Pension) or other government department or agency, including the Veterans Agency;
(2) An overseas pension authority; or
(3) A pension company,
confirming pension entitlement and amount (and, where applicable, reflecting any funds withdrawn from the pension account or fund).
(ii) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing payment of the pension into the person’s account.
(iii) For the purposes of sub-paragraph (i), War Disablement Pension, War Widow’s/Widower’s Pension and any other pension or equivalent payment for life made under the War Pensions Scheme, the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the Armed Forces Attributable Benefits Scheme may be treated as a pension, unless excluded under paragraph 21 of this Appendix.

10(e)(iii) states "at least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period" and nothing further - I would probably suggest sending a bank statement each month for the past six months showing the pension deposits. A year is probably overkill when they really only ask for at least one

Reactions: Chesterli and twee
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.