Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please open SETM form and please scroll down to page 50 of 59
section 12 documents.

it asks to tick box;
Official documentation confirming receipt of public
funds (including the amounts paid) and corresponding
bank account/building society statements showing
receipt of public funds

my question is that me and my partner claim child tax credit which is on joint names but i take the payment in my account(i am british) if i remember correctly when i applied for visa extention for my partner i didnt have to submit any child tax credit statements or bank account statements showing money going in or had to tick any box. please advise i am confused and stressed.

i also claim child benifit but that is in my name alone and i am british.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please open SETM form and please scroll down to page 50 of 59
section 12 documents.

it asks to tick box;
Official documentation confirming receipt of public
funds (including the amounts paid) and corresponding
bank account/building society statements showing
receipt of public funds

my question is that me and my partner claim child tax credit which is on joint names but i take the payment in my account(i am british) if i remember correctly when i applied for visa extention for my partner i didnt have to submit any child tax credit statements or bank account statements showing money going in or had to tick any box. please advise i am confused and stressed.

i also claim child benifit but that is in my name alone and i am british.

Joppa do you know anything that can help me?

do I tick the box and provide evidence of child tax credit award letter with both husband and wifes name and child benifit letter in my name

Do i also provide bank statesments showing money going in and if yes how many as i get paid benifit in separate account to the one i get paid my salary in? will this cause any confusion for the case worker??

please help

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, you do. Official award letter/document and bank statement of an account or accounts into which award is paid.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Joppa, Section 12 comes under 'your finance'. So isn't it the benefit documents they've asked is only if he is relying on public funds to fulfil financial requirement if he qualify for an exemption from meeting the income threshold element of the financial requirement like his sponsor is disabled and receiving disability allowances?

If so he shouldn't don't tick that box?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No. That's not how I interpret it. As no recourse to public funds applies to ever applicant, you still need to declare any public funds you are legally getting (through your British or settled partner). In the past you only needed to tick a box to say you are getting Child Benefit etc, but now they require you to provide evidence, even though it plays no part in meeting the financial requirement and you are legally allowed to receive it. Yet another example of Home Office asking more and more details. It also helps Home Office in conducting background checks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Okay...would this still apply to FLR (M)? Because we had left this one blank under Section B in our paper form, which we submitted by post two weeks ago.

Are we in trouble??

·
Registered
474 Posts
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, you do. Official award letter/document and bank statement of an account or accounts into which award is paid.
Joppa thank you for the info,

I just have one more question relating to the same, how many months bank statement do I need to submit showing benefit money being paid to me? one recent statement at the time of applying or i need 6 months or 12 months showing benefit money going in?

also it says no recourse to public funds for my partner have I made a mistake claiming child tax credits in joint names because my partner is not allowed to claim benefits, just for your info i am British but i wasn't allowed to put in a single claim for child tax credits they said only joint.

please advise

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just one statement showing the award being paid. It's fine applying jointly as the rules require it, provided you have stated your partner is subject to immigration control (usually by ticking a box).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.