Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'll be moving to Chamonix at the end of the week to start working as an English teaching assistant. Since I'll only be there through April, I was hoping to get most of my home supplies (mostly kitchenware and some small furniture) at a second hand shop or thrift store. Could anyone tell me if there are any stores like that in Chamonix or the Chamonix area? I've also been looking for items on leboncoin without much success. Are there any other websites you would recommend checking out?

Thanks for your help.

Christy

·
Registered
661 Posts
Here in south of France, Anglo info is very active especially for second hand house goods. It is due to the fact that many expats live in the area. They move from one country to another and sell what they don't want to move around.

Now I don't know if it applies to the area of Chamonix. One of my friends often refers to the English speaking population but I have no idea how large it is neither do I know if they settle for long of move to a different destination after 2 or 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is only one second hand shop in Chamonix but they have mostly clothes.

For home supplies there is an Emmaus in Annemasse: Accueil Emmaus 74 Annecy Annemasse Pays de gex
And on certain Saturdays there is an event called Scoots de Cluses (in the town of Cluses). There are several large warehouses with pretty much everything you can imagine for sale. Can't remember when they open though so join [ChamSocial] | The social network for Chamonix and ask someone on there if they know the next open day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.