Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)

Just wondering if anyone has come across any second hand builders yards in the Caldas da Rainha, Sao Martinho or Alcobaca region where things like doors and windows might be found ? I just want to knock up a tool shed and somewhere to keep bikes and other clutter.

Cheers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi,i´m having my house built and i asked the workers if they knew of a place to buy second hand building materials one of the fellows just remodeld a home and has aluminun doors and windows if your interested i´ll give you the contact

·
Banned
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hi fmarks,

Thank you for suggesting that. I was hoping to find a place that might have some white P.V.C. windows and doors. All of the windows and doors in my new house are white P.V.C. so I was hoping to find some more of these that will blend in with what is built already. I may end up having to just go and buy new ones, but before I do I just thought that I would first look for a possible cheaper alternative.

Thank you for replying though.

;)

·
Registered
132 Posts

Hi fmarks,

Thank you for suggesting that. I was hoping to find a place that might have some white P.V.C. windows and doors. All of the windows and doors in my new house are white P.V.C. so I was hoping to find some more of these that will blend in with what is built already. I may end up having to just go and buy new ones, but before I do I just thought that I would first look for a possible cheaper alternative.

Thank you for replying though.

;)
i called the fellow but unfortunatly their not white but brown colour

·
Banned
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hi again fmarks,

Although brown is not what I really want, I will certainly go and look at them if you give me the contact details please. Am I correct in assuming that they are in the Caldas da Rainha area ?

Thank you,

Paul.

·
Banned
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Do you know Pete that the Gois area has just taken a severe battering from gale force winds, the like of which I have been told (by locals) were the worse in living memory. :eek: Hope your house is still standing mate.

:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
they should be at the job site tomorrow,i´ll ask where the material is situated and the most important what his asking for the material to see if its worth while even to take a look,he doesnt speek any english but if its worth while II arrange a meting place,are you close to caldas?

·
Banned
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Yes, I am close to Caldas and live near to Sao Martinho do Porto. I am going back to ireland though for a week from tomorrow. My wifes brother is staying here though and is helping me with the work, so he knows what we require sizes etc and will go and look.

We don't have a van to shift them if they are what we want, would he be prepared to run them out here to the house ?

Paul.

·
Registered
132 Posts
hi paul, yes they do have vans so the only way we would even consider is they dropped off and prefrebly install them,im kidding about the installation part:D:D:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Mr Blueskies

The flight back to Portugal will be the best part of the trip. Leaving the pressure of live as we used to know. Enjoy your trip and no moaning about the price of everything.

Good luck mate

Peter
he`s not *****ing on the price just the colour its got match the bikes in the shed:boxing::D

·
Registered
132 Posts
i don`t know anybody in this forum ,im new here and starting to make coments like i just did i must be looking for trouble

·
Banned
905 Posts

Hi Fmarks

My comment was about the prices in Ireland not about the reason for Mr Blueskies post. Every comment is helpful in it's own way.

Peter

Your not looking for trouble, i am sure we are all happy you are taking an active part. You will find Mr Blueskies and i have a bit of fun please feel free to join in.

·
Registered
132 Posts
thanks Peter! there are serious topics but then theres the ones we sometimes like to joke around keeps the ball rolling as long as one dosent get out of line its always fun to expect the feed back

·
Banned
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Hi fmarks,

That's very nice of them to offer to install them for free. Nice people the portugeezers. Very helpful and obliging.

:eyebrows:

·
Banned
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Hi Peter,

We are heading back to the aul sod for a week. O.H. needs to get her negativity fix and to listen to the wailing, crying and whinging of her old cronies. Next they will each talk about and back stab one another. We will hear about all of their aches and pains and about who got stabbed or murdered. They are great fun. :eyebrows:

Plus there is the baby to check on. The 23 year old one that we deserted when coming here. She does worry you know.

:spit:

·
Banned
905 Posts

Hi Mr Blueskies

You can get some really good ear protection today and almost invisible it may drown out the wail of the Banshees.

If you move the baby out with you their will be less reason to go back.

Have a good trip

Peter

1 - 20 of 24 Posts