Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it wrong to lodge a new sepetate 190 EOI after lodging the application for 189 visa - it is in progress for the past 6 months almost.

Why do I want to lodge a seperate 190 EOI?
1. I did not lodge 190 in my original EOI as my priority was Victoria and 190 was closed at that time for Victoria.
2. 189 service standard is very high these days and I don't know when mine will be finalised.
3. The wait is killing me. I might as well try a 190.
4. I am turning 40 next month and will loose points and chances of any further invite after that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is it wrong to lodge a new sepetate 190 EOI after lodging the application for 189 visa - it is in progress for the past 6 months almost.

1. I did not lodge 190 in my original EOI as my priority was Victoria and 190 was closed at that time for Victoria.
2. 189 service standard is very high these days and I don't know when mine will be finalised.
4. I am turning 40 next month and will loose points and chances of any further invite after that.

It would be additional cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts

What you intend to do is analogous to walking on a path of broken glass AGAIN; dont you think? If youve already made half-way through, might as well just go all the way through an get done with it. It will be a terrible idea of going through the entire process again. VISA process is not something to lose your nerves for. Just be patient and wait for your day. In the end, nothing wrong with submitting another EOI, its your decision.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

Before I answer your question, can you please answer how are you going to take the invite if you get invited to lodge for 190 visa ? I am not sure if DIBP allows one to apply for two PR visa application at the same time. Even if you do, I can't think of the complication it may cause.

1. You already got 189 not sure why you need 190 now. Is it even better ? Does 189 prohibits you from living in Vic since its your preferred state.

2. 190 is even higher.

3. Your decision.

4. Does waiting for visa application means you will lose your invite because the application is taking long ? No. So, it makes no sense why EOI point matter at this stage.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What you intend to do is analogous to walking on a path of broken glass AGAIN; dont you think? If youve already made half-way through, might as well just go all the way through an get done with it. It will be a terrible idea of going through the entire process again. VISA process is not something to lose your nerves for. Just be patient and wait for your day. In the end, nothing wrong with submitting another EOI, its your decision.

Yeah. I'll just hold my ground.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before I answer your question, can you please answer how are you going to take the invite if you get invited to lodge for 190 visa ? I am not sure if DIBP allows one to apply for two PR visa application at the same time. Even if you do, I can't think of the complication it may cause.

1. You already got 189 not sure why you need 190 now. Is it even better ? Does 189 prohibits you from living in Vic since its your preferred state.

2. 190 is even higher.

3. Your decision.

4. Does waiting for visa application means you will lose your invite because the application is taking long ? No. So, it makes no sense why EOI point matter at this stage.
Yeah. I have already told myself those things. It's just that the whole process is so secretive and I can't call them to ask them if everything is ok. Because of the damn (so high) service standard.

The thought of not having another shot will do that to you. I guess I just wanted to calm my nerves with this post. Thanks zaback.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Not worth the pain buddy. You are going to get it real soon now ! Just hold on a bit, may be 7 more days.

You will get it, mark my words . And have a chilled beer from my side once you get it

Reactions: manpan18

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I am relatively new to this forum. I am terribly in need of your guidance. I am an ICT BA with 65 points under 189 category. However my agent insisted on applying for 489 SA SS as it is getting a bit tough for my job code to receive invites under 189 and 190. I received invite and applied and waiting for the grant. However, just for my satisfaction, would it be ok to lodge an EOI for 189 using another immi account, as am sure the existing one is blocked. Will this affect my 489 process in any way. My plan is to apply for a PR if I receive an invite next year so i don't have to wait to complete the 2 years clause n then apply for 887. I understand there is a huge.cost involved but that is fine with me. Please advise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please note than I will get another 5 points next year which makes it 70 in 189 category. So don't want to miss the opportunity. However, i will decide on application depending on how we are placed at that point in time. Probably will let thw invite expire if we are able to settle with good jobs after we land in Adelaide

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi all, I am relatively new to this forum. I am terribly in need of your guidance. I am an ICT BA with 65 points under 189 category. However my agent insisted on applying for 489 SA SS as it is getting a bit tough for my job code to receive invites under 189 and 190. I received invite and applied and waiting for the grant. However, just for my satisfaction, would it be ok to lodge an EOI for 189 using another immi account, as am sure the existing one is blocked. Will this affect my 489 process in any way. My plan is to apply for a PR if I receive an invite next year so i don't have to wait to complete the 2 years clause n then apply for 887. I understand there is a huge.cost involved but that is fine with me. Please advise.

Yes you can submit another EOI for 189. And wait for an invite on that, and decide about it at that point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you ACT Australia. One more question, so we created a separate EOI for the 489 SS which means my 189/190 EOI created would still active right..or does receiving an invite cancel all the existing EOIs in the skillselect account

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thank you ACT Australia. One more question, so we created a separate EOI for the 489 SS which means my 189/190 EOI created would still active right..or does receiving an invite cancel all the existing EOIs in the skillselect account
Getting an invite will freeze the EOI which received the invite. Any other EOI in the system will remain active. You can just login and check if its active or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts