Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello seniors,
Can anybody help in my question about DOE. Does adding Second ACS reference number in EOI would change the Date of Effect of EOI or not. Because I have already updated my experience.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hello,
I have submitted EOI a few months back but since I switched the job, I have applied for second ACS as well. I want to know does my second ACS entry would affect the DOE of my EOI, because I have already submitted the new job experience in EOI when I crossed the 5 years barrier.

Thanks
Hello seniors,
Can anybody help in my question about DOE. Does adding Second ACS reference number in EOI would change the Date of Effect of EOI or not. Because I have already updated my experience.
DOE does not change unless points change - irrespective of what you change in the EOI- assessment ID, English test result ID, etc. However you said that the whole purpose of re-doing ACS was to gain experience from the new experience and having completed 5+ years- so to me it looks like you would be adding more points to your EOI and your DOE will therefore change.

Edit: Seems you have already updated the work experience and gained additional points, it is just the ACS ID that you wish to update now. So, no- the DOE will not change.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DOE does not change unless points change - irrespective of what you change in the EOI- assessment ID, English test result ID, etc. However you said that the whole purpose of re-doing ACS was to gain experience from the new experience and having completed 5+ years- so to me it looks like you would be adding more points to your EOI and your DOE will therefore change.

Edit: Seems you have already updated the work experience and gained additional points, it is just the ACS ID that you wish to update now. So, no- the DOE will not change.
Thanks for the reply.

I done my ACS in September 2016 and got 4 years 5 months of experience, since then I am manually updating my EOI with experience and in March 2017 I got point raised. Now I have applied for second ACS since I switched the job but on paper changing the ACS reference number would not change my points. What are your thoughts on it?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I done my ACS in September 2016 and got 4 years 5 months of experience, since then I am manually updating my EOI with experience and in March 2017 I got point raised. Now I have applied for second ACS since I switched the job but on paper changing the ACS reference number would not change my points. What are your thoughts on it?
Your additional points were from a previous employment episode which was anyways listed in your previous ACS result? This new ACS is just to add a new employment but there would be no change in points from this new employment, correct?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your additional points were from a previous employment episode which was anyways listed in your previous ACS result? This new ACS is just to add a new employment but there would be no change in points from this new employment, correct?
No, unfortunately I switched two months short before the 5 years benchmark, thats the reason I applied for second ACS. But as far as the EOI is concerned they only depend on the number of years entered in their form, I don't think they check the EOI result because the result is always descriptive.

Keeping finger crossed, I am waiting the ACS result and then will see what the gonna treat the new ACS entry in EOI.

·
Registered
373 Posts
No, unfortunately I switched two months short before the 5 years benchmark, thats the reason I applied for second ACS. But as far as the EOI is concerned they only depend on the number of years entered in their form, I don't think they check the EOI result because the result is always descriptive.

Keeping finger crossed, I am waiting the ACS result and then will see what the gonna treat the new ACS entry in EOI.

So Did your EOI increment your points with the previous job/title in the EOI given as the current title (on the day the point incremented) even though that was not the fact?

You EOI is supposed to be updated whenever you have material changes in the details provided. This includes a job change, even if the point does not change.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
So Did your EOI increment your points with the previous job/title in the EOI given as the current title (on the day the point incremented) even though that was not the fact?

You EOI is supposed to be updated whenever you have material changes in the details provided. This includes a job change, even if the point does not change.
Exactly what I was trying to understand with my previous questions.

There are 2 things to a result- the result itself and the date when you received this result. From the looks of it, and as commented by ngenhit above, it would seem you claimed points for work experience before actually receiving the result. Sure, the result is only descriptive and it would have been positive anyways, and so on, but technically it still means you claimed points before actually receiving a positive assessment to claim them (as if you already knew you would get it and went ahead to make the claim). If I were you, I would edit the EOI in a way that the DOE also changes on the day you receive the new ACS. It would be worth to sacrifice a few months and be safe from future complications or delays during visa processing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly what I was trying to understand with my previous questions.

There are 2 things to a result- the result itself and the date when you received this result. From the looks of it, and as commented by ngenhit above, it would seem you claimed points for work experience before actually receiving the result. Sure, the result is only descriptive and it would have been positive anyways, and so on, but technically it still means you claimed points before actually receiving a positive assessment to claim them (as if you already knew you would get it and went ahead to make the claim). If I were you, I would edit the EOI in a way that the DOE also changes on the day you receive the new ACS. It would be worth to sacrifice a few months and be safe from future complications or delays during visa processing.
Yeah you are right, I am not sure about when will I receive the second ACS result once I will get it I will email directly to them to ask my particular situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts