Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day,

I am busy applying (or rather acquiring supporting documents ATM) for my UK ancestral visa. Now one document I need is the marriage certificate for my grandmother. I was told to apply for this on the scotlandspeople.gov.uk site. Reason being she was married in Scotland.

I did a quick search with the details and the site shows 1 match was found. I cant view this record until I pay 7 pounds. This is were I hesitated.

Before I continue, Is what I will get from here going to be fine for the application? Sounds and looks like a record extract rather that a certificate type deal from the examples I see.

Or is there another way I can order a marriage certificate from the Scotish records.

Thanks so much

·
Registered
494 Posts
Howl said:
Good Day, I am busy applying (or rather acquiring supporting documents ATM) for my UK ancestral visa. Now one document I need is the marriage certificate for my grandmother. I was told to apply for this on the scotlandspeople.gov.uk site. Reason being she was married in Scotland. I did a quick search with the details and the site shows 1 match was found. I cant view this record until I pay 7 pounds. This is were I hesitated. Before I continue, Is what I will get from here going to be fine for the application? Sounds and looks like a record extract rather that a certificate type deal from the examples I see. Or is there another way I can order a marriage certificate from the Scotish records. Thanks so much
There are indeed other ways you can order an 'official extract' (which is what you require). See http://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/registration/how-to-order-an-official-extract-from-the-registers#Fees

teuchter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.