Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi experts,

I gave IELTS in Jan 2017 with scores R:9, L:8.5, W:7.5, S:7.5 for skilled migration. I submitted EOI in 189 with 65 points on 31st Mar 2017 (Industrial Engg) & still awaiting invitation :(.

Meanwhile I was trying to seek 20 points for English language and gave PTE-A last week, so as to increase my overall score to 75. Unfortunately couldn't score good enough (R: 80, L:62, W:62, S:90) and the issue is Pearson automatically sent my scores to DIBP as I had opted for that selection when I scheduled my exam.

I wanted to seek some info/advice from anyone in the forum who had similar experience like me. I want to know if DIBP would now consider my PTE scores and update my already submitted EOI with these new scores? (in other words - would my IELTS score be replaced with PTE now automatically for EOI points) I am afraid if they do so because I would lose points in that case.

Your help to clarify this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Scores listed in EOI will be used. If you take PTE 5 times, you are free to mention just one set of exams.

·
Registered
23,843 Posts
Hi experts,

I gave IELTS in Jan 2017 with scores R:9, L:8.5, W:7.5, S:7.5 for skilled migration. I submitted EOI in 189 with 65 points on 31st Mar 2017 (Industrial Engg) & still awaiting invitation :(.

Meanwhile I was trying to seek 20 points for English language and gave PTE-A last week, so as to increase my overall score to 75. Unfortunately couldn't score good enough (R: 80, L:62, W:62, S:90) and the issue is Pearson automatically sent my scores to DIBP as I had opted for that selection when I scheduled my exam.

I wanted to seek some info/advice from anyone in the forum who had similar experience like me. I want to know if DIBP would now consider my PTE scores and update my already submitted EOI with these new scores? (in other words - would my IELTS score be replaced with PTE now automatically for EOI points) I am afraid if they do so because I would lose points in that case.

Thanks.
DIBP would use the score under the reference you have given in your EOI

The other scores would just be lying in the DIBP computers.

They would not be attached to your file automatically

So Relax, you have nothing to worry

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi experts,

I gave IELTS in Jan 2017 with scores R:9, L:8.5, W:7.5, S:7.5 for skilled migration. I submitted EOI in 189 with 65 points on 31st Mar 2017 (Industrial Engg) & still awaiting invitation

Thanks.

Cheers
Thanks a lot:) can relax a bit now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi experts,

I gave IELTS in Jan 2017 with scores R:9, L:8.5, W:7.5, S:7.5 for skilled migration. I submitted EOI in 189 with 65 points on 31st Mar 2017 (Industrial Engg) & still awaiting invitation

Thanks.

Cheers
Thanks a lot. Can relax a bit now:) However, wondering what's the purpose then of automatically sending the scores to DIBP. Not able to understand what it is used for?

·
Registered
23,843 Posts
Thanks a lot. Can relax a bit now:) However, wondering what's the purpose then of automatically sending the scores to DIBP. Not able to understand what it is used for?
DIBP does not trust the scores card sent by you as it can be easily photoshopped

So they want that the scores be sent directly by PTEA which would obviously be true

So they would check the score you actually got from the PTEA sent email with the reference number you have provided in the EOI

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts