Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I submitted EOI in February 2015 and in May 20th I got a letter from NSW with the below subject and i submitted the application on May 24th.
"Invitation to apply for NSW nomination for a subclass 190 visa". However, after submission due to a cut off on age(crossing 40 years) 10 points deducted on May 31st. I am not in the applied state. I also got an alert from the immigration system that my point is reduced because of the age cut off.

As per the forum it says age will be calculated on the day of invite. I guess i am not yet reached the invitation stage, am i right? Will i be getting an invitation in this case or i should reapply with a fresh eligibility score/points? I am raising this question because if that is the case i have to reappear for PTE/IELTS for a higher score. Please let me know.

regards,
Sunil

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Based on the information that you have shared, you are NOT in the INVITED stage yet (i.e. NOT Invited by DIBP to lodge VISA application).

IF your points total is less than 60 (including 5 SS Points) due to this reduction of age cut off THEN go ahead and appear for PTE/IELTS to increase your Points total.

Lately PTE-A seems to be working for many people.

Kindly share your EOI_Points Breakdown from your SkillSelect account for further confirmation of your exact situation.

Hi,

I submitted EOI in February 2015 and in May 20th I got a letter from NSW with the below subject and i submitted the application on May 24th.
"Invitation to apply for NSW nomination for a subclass 190 visa". However, after submission due to a cut off on age(crossing 40 years) 10 points deducted on May 31st. I am not in the applied state. I also got an alert from the immigration system that my point is reduced because of the age cut off.

As per the forum it says age will be calculated on the day of invite. I guess i am not yet reached the invitation stage, am i right? Will i be getting an invitation in this case or i should reapply with a fresh eligibility score/points? I am raising this question because if that is the case i have to reappear for PTE/IELTS for a higher score. Please let me know.

regards,
Sunil

Reactions: Harry.S

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
@OP- You only had an invitation to apply for NSW nomination. This is a different invite than the DIBP EOI invitation for visa application. What you have read on the forums regarding "age, at the time of invitation" is correct, but here, the invitation refers to the DIBP/ EOI invitation.
Ref. points-tested-migration-fact-sheet.pdf from immi website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Points score chart

Below is the information about my updated points. If you notice, 10 points reduced because of my age in May 31st 2015.

Age - 15 points (because of 40 years)
Level of educational qualification attained - 15 points
State/Territory Nomination - 5 points
Years of experience in a Nominated Occupation - overseas within the last 10 years - 10 points

So total is now 50 instead of 60.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts