Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am from Oz living in Amsterdam with my Dutch hubby and 3 year old daughter, we are hoping to move back to sunny Sydney next year:):) but after being away for more than 10 years I'm not sure what's changed in ye olde Sydney, just wondering if anyone has any tips concerning primary schools in the inner west area (Leichardt, camperdown etc)? and any tips of nice places to live, we are in a very lively part of Amsterdam now, so we need to be near some cafe's etc.

Any tips much appreciated:) Thanx!

Tabatha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
April; Thanx alot for that:)will definitely check that out!
Weebie; does that mean there are waiting lists for schools? or houses? thanx

·
Banned
934 Posts
A lot of good schools in sydney require you to actually turn up and resgister. Basically means that if your school is a good one you will need to sleep over to save your spot. It's quite a unique thing which I've only een apply to Sydney.

·
Registered
251 Posts
A lot of good schools in sydney require you to actually turn up and resgister. Basically means that if your school is a good one you will need to sleep over to save your spot. It's quite a unique thing which I've only een apply to Sydney.
If they choose a good suburb, they will have access to good schools - public and private. The public school in their catchment area will have to accept their enrollment. Good suburb = good public school.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for all the info;)
Do any of you have an opinion on the suburbs in the inner west? what's Glebe like these days?

TIA

Tabatha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts