Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter (11) and I will spend the 2018-19 school year living in southern France. I speak French fluidly, however, my daughter is at a very beginning level, studying at our Alliance Francaise/working with a tutor. I have latitude in choosing where we stay. We have good friends in Montpellier and could be there, but my priority is finding a good school option for her. I've decided no to public school. She is strong in literacy and the creative (esp dance) but very (very) weak in math and has some difficulties with exec funtion. She's a kind and likeable kid. I am looking for potential schools that will tend to support her with her quirks. Schools I've read about and am looking into include the Nouvelle Alliance (Aix), the Steiner School (Sorgues) and Eridan (Montpellier), but really we could be most anywhere in the south and I'd be open to all suggestions, including small towns. She'll be of age to enter 6eme (1st year college), however, depending on the setting I would advocate for CM2 for her (recognizing this might not be negotiable). I'm open to Montessori, bilingual, international, Steiner. I seek a gentle(r) environment over rigorous academics. Thank you for any guidance you might have!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts