Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm a newbie, so thanks for any help. We're thinking of moving to Montpellier for a couple months this winter--trying to figure out where we could live to give our kids a bit of exposure to the language. Does anyone have any experience with any of the following bilingual schools in/near Montpellier?

La Maison des Enfants--Montessori
-ecole international Antonia
-Ecole Bilingue Eridan Montpellier
-Ecole Privee Bilingue, Baillargues

(We're not against just sending them to the local maternelle, but since it's for such a short time, we thought it might be easier to do the bilingual thing. Our kids are 4 and 7.)

How is Montpellier for expat families with little kids? It looks like an ideal location, as a university town.

Any advice gratefully received.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum.

I can't help with schools, sorry. We live 2 hours + from Montpellier. It's a really vibrant town, university, medical school, lots of international companies have a presence there. Here in the mountains all the young people have Montpellier as their first choice to live and work.

We visited the city recently and stayed overnight to see an art exhibition. It's much more pleasant, and active then many other cities in France.

DejW

·
Administrator
50,884 Posts
All I can add is that Montpellier is one of the most popular (if not THE most) destinations for French people looking to move. I've been there a couple of times and really love the town. It does have the air of a US "university town" and there seems to be lots going on all the time.

You could try contacting the local FAWCO group (FAWCO = Federation of American Women's Clubs Overseas), Home They would have information about the schools, but might want you to join up in order to get it.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I've written to the group you mentioned--I wonder if there's an equivalent of "Mumsnet" in France, just an online parents/mothers forum? They were very helpful when enrolling our children in the UK.

I appreciate hearing corroboration of Montpellier as a great place to live!

·
Administrator
50,884 Posts
There is Message, which is an English language parenting organization based in Paris. However, to get into their online forums, you need to be a member of the organization. Welcome to Message Paris

The AAWE in Paris also does quite a bit with information on the schools for English speaking or bilingual kids, but again, they tend to restrict their information to members. Welcome to AAWE They do have a publication that's available to all, but last time I checked, the old edition was sold out and the new edition was still in process.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.