Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi me and my partner are looking at moving to canada, we have 3 children aged 8, 4, & 2 and i am looking for good schools for the kids my oldest child has adhd so i would need a school that will accept him.

If any obe can help would be great

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there,
Have you been onto the Calgary Board of Educations website? If you have narrowed down the region and the community you would like to reside in, you can do a search from their website about schools in their region and the specialty schools that are offered.

Links here:

cbe.ab.ca/schools/schools.asp Calgary Board of Education - Schools and Areas -

If you look at the navigation on the left titled "Quick Links" you should find the info to specific schools.

Worth noting is that for example if you click on a school's area (Area 1, Area 2 etc)... it will provide a synopsis of the schools within that region as well as Specialty Schools.

cbe.ab.ca/Schools/areas/default.asp Calgary Board of Education - Area Offices

Break down of all the zoned school areas. If you click on an Area #, contact details are within that. You could always try contacting the Area manager and explaining to them the needs of your child and see if they could recommend any more other than what britplumber suggested.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Lolla

Hi me and my partner are looking at moving to canada, we have 3 children aged 8, 4, & 2 and i am looking for good schools for the kids my oldest child has adhd so i would need a school that will accept him.

If any obe can help would be great

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi there we are moving to Edmonton my husband moving over firstly and we are to follow. I see you posted that in 2011 did you decide on a place? My kids are around same age as yours mine is 7,4,2 and 4 months it would be great if you are in Edmonton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.