Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has an interview with Emirates in a couple of weeks and myself and my 2 boys aged 12 and 14 are coming also to check it out. We would be there 3 years probably so my concern is for my 14 year old son especially as this is the most important time in his secondary education. We are from Australia where they do the HSC in year 12 so the British or American curriculum is not applicable for us. Does anybody have any information about the IB curriculum for year 9 and year 7? Any recommendations? I hear that it is quite difficult to enrol children in schools in Dubai?
Also, any advice as to which areas to look at to rent? Which schools are near which areas?
Any other families moved out with older kids got any experiences they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm a little concerned that they are not at a good age to relocate, it would have been better when they were younger, so any feedback is gratefully appreciated.

·
Banned
423 Posts
My kids were 11 and 4 when we got there, (i was working for EK too), believe me, you'll jump to the front of any queue once the school know ek will pay everything. As for IB, sorry, no idea.

Depending on what role your husband have will depend on where he's based, there's loads of flightdeck villas up in silicon, and some new ones are being built at Mayden. He should ask where his accom is and then you can find a school - also look on the various EK chat sites (google) you'll find loads of info there.

Good luck.

T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.