Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we are moving to new brunswick canada i have 3 girls aged 16,14,12, does anyone know does my 16 year old go into high school till 18, and do i have to pay for her education till 18 ??? any info be great. thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
In Ontario, schooling until 18 is free if you go to the public or catholic schools. Although, in the catholic schools you will have to buy a uniform.

"Free" is, of couse, not realy free. ;-) We have to pay fees for gym, student council and so on. Is about $60-90/year.
And if they go on a field trip, you have to pay that too. Like $35 to go to the theatre in Toronto by bus (30' drive), or $15 to go to the movies by bus.

Don't know how that is in NB.

(and of course you always pay for schooling, even if you don't have kids, through the property taxes)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, obviously you have to pay for her education, because education is must for everyone no matter what age it is. :)
hi yes that i know, here in the uk education is free till you go to university then have to pay 10,000£ a year for 3 years. not sure in usa though,but wanting to know about new brunswick canada, and there policy on education i know you pay for uni, that is box standard in any country, but not sure about high school there. thanks anyway x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Ontario, schooling until 18 is free if you go to the public or catholic schools. Although, in the catholic schools you will have to buy a uniform.

"Free" is, of couse, not realy free. ;-) We have to pay fees for gym, student council and so on. Is about $60-90/year.
And if they go on a field trip, you have to pay that too. Like $35 to go to the theatre in Toronto by bus (30' drive), or $15 to go to the movies by bus.

Don't know how that is in NB.

(and of course you always pay for schooling, even if you don't have kids, through the property taxes)
hi many thanks for your reply, yes in the uk you pay for all trips too unless you get state benefits of course. it does say its compulsary to leave at 18, so i am assuming its free till 18 then when you go onto further education you pay like our universities.
many thanks x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.