Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya
I'm trying to figure out what school years my children will go in when we make the move hopefully this August. I know the new terms start in February.
My son was 11 in April 2015 and my daughter is 6 she will be 7 this December. I'm thinking my daughter will be in year 2 and move up to year 3 in February 2016. My son I can't figure out if he will be in year 6 and move up to year 7 in February 2016 or if he will go in at year 7. HELP !!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Hiya
I'm trying to figure out what school years my children will go in when we make the move hopefully this August. I know the new terms start in February.
My son was 11 in April 2015 and my daughter is 6 she will be 7 this December. I'm thinking my daughter will be in year 2 and move up to year 3 in February 2016. My son I can't figure out if he will be in year 6 and move up to year 7 in February 2016 or if he will go in at year 7. HELP !!!!
Hi,
As far as I can tell it all goes off the child's age as of the 30th June.

So for your son who will still be 11 on the 30th June 2015, he should go in to Year 7 (old Form 1/Standard 5) and he can either do this at a Full Primary School, an Intermediate School, a Year 7 - 13 secondary School or Secondary School with intermediate or a Composite School.
Your daughter will still be 6 on the 30th June 2015, she should go in to Year 2 (old junior 2/Primer 2) and she can either do this at a Full primary School, a Contributing Primary School or a Composite School.

Clear as mud ay! :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts