Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an English speaking magazine that is published every month and distributed around Paris - it's called FUSAC. You can find it and read it online. In the magazine, there are employment opportunities and apartment rentals listed, so that can definitely help. Just check out the website and see what they offer! Hope this helps!
I haven't ever posted anything before so I fear I am not doing it correctly...I decided to click on yours as you posted something very recently!
I have a 13 year old daughter who will be starting 5ieme in January in Pau, France, but I am needing to get her vaccinated (here in France) and really want to know WHAT IS REQUIRED by law.
Do you have any ideas?
I know I can ask the doctor, but I wanted to go in knowing ahead of time as I don't want to pump my daughter full of more than is required!
Can you help point me in the right direction?
Thanks so much

·
Administrator
51,354 Posts
Hi, I've set you up with a thread of your own in hopes of attracting a few more responses.

First thing to do is to get your daughter's US (I assume) vaccination records together. From what I understand (don't have kids myself), the vaccinations required in France are pretty similar to those they recommend in the US. If she has already had these, she should be ok. And if she is missing any of them, the doctors are generally able to adjust the schedule to suit her age and any prior problems with vaccines and vaccinations.

I've also heard that the TB shot is no longer required. That was always the big "unusual" one - and one that caused problems on return to the US because it makes future TB skin tests go positive.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I've set you up with a thread of your own in hopes of attracting a few more responses.

First thing to do is to get your daughter's US (I assume) vaccination records together. From what I understand (don't have kids myself), the vaccinations required in France are pretty similar to those they recommend in the US. If she has already had these, she should be ok. And if she is missing any of them, the doctors are generally able to adjust the schedule to suit her age and any prior problems with vaccines and vaccinations.

I've also heard that the TB shot is no longer required. That was always the big "unusual" one - and one that caused problems on return to the US because it makes future TB skin tests go positive.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks, Bev!
I really appreciate you setting up a "thread" for me. I also appreciate your info/advice. Good to know about the TB in no longer being required in France (I read the same is true of Hep B).
My daughter hasn't had any vaccinations in the US--just some from the UK and some from the last time we lived in France--so my records are a bit choppy and laws have changed in the past 6 years so I am trying to find the most recent information.
I hope a parent will respond who has recently dealt with this in France.
Fingers crossed and thanks again for taking the time,
Beth

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Cheers,
Bev

Bev,
I was wondering if you could tell me how to start a "thread" myself as I appear to be dimwitted and incapable of figuring it out myself!
We are moving to Pau (most likely) and I was hoping to see what people's opinions are on the city/area/schools/community there.
Thank you so much,
Beth

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi there!

i dont go to the doctors that often, although i should cos my doctors rather tasty:D! but the last time i went was a few months ago, and bev is totally right, once again:), they have done away with the tb, he said he doesnt even do it anymore, but the mmr ( measles, mumps, rubella) is normally obligatory.
hope this helps (even if its only a tiny bit:))
flid x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.