Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am most likely moving to Dubai in late 2010 and will need school placements for a 5 and 6 year old starting in January 2011. Here is the twist. I am from the US and my wife is Norwegian. We would be moving from Oslo. The kids speak Norwegian as their native language and fully comprehend English, but do not really speak it fluently yet. I want to use the anticipated two year posting to get their English up to fluency, but I am already disheartened by what seem to be fluency requirements even for 5 year olds. So, what schools would be our best options for the kids? They are very bright and would really get their language skills nailed in just a couple of months of daily immersion. Thanks for any advice. Oh yeah: where to live? The eternal quesiton on this forum......

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Hi,

I am most likely moving to Dubai in late 2010 and will need school placements for a 5 and 6 year old starting in January 2011. Here is the twist. I am from the US and my wife is Norwegian. We would be moving from Oslo. The kids speak Norwegian as their native language and fully comprehend English, but do not really speak it fluently yet. I want to use the anticipated two year posting to get their English up to fluency, but I am already disheartened by what seem to be fluency requirements even for 5 year olds. So, what schools would be our best options for the kids? They are very bright and would really get their language skills nailed in just a couple of months of daily immersion. Thanks for any advice. Oh yeah: where to live? The eternal quesiton on this forum......
Can't really help with schools, but where to live goes back to you based on: where is your work located, what is your budget. All the best

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a look at Bradenton Preparatory Academy, (sorry just joined so not allowed to post URL) Our son is at this school and they seem to cater for children in ur situation, many of them are non fluent english speaking and it is a US curriculum. As regards to accommodation, Victory Heights, Green Community-Motor City, or Arabian Ranches would all be good for you. Good Luck!

Feldspar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.