Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My family and i are moving to spain and Albir is looking like the best bet,

I could really do with some advice tho, i have a 4 year old daughter (5 in jan) and baby of 3 month so school for my eldest is the most important thing on my mind atm. I have read many testimonials that placing your child of this age in to a spainsh state school is the best way to get them settled and ob isnt going to cost as much as a english school. Is there any good state schools in Albir?? I dont drive so getting her to school when my partner is working away is a big concern.

Any information would be great, also what do i need to do once we decided the school?

thanks in advance

carol x

·
Administrator
36,519 Posts
Hi

My family and i are moving to spain and Albir is looking like the best bet,

I could really do with some advice tho, i have a 4 year old daughter (5 in jan) and baby of 3 month so school for my eldest is the most important thing on my mind atm. I have read many testimonials that placing your child of this age in to a spainsh state school is the best way to get them settled and ob isnt going to cost as much as a english school. Is there any good state schools in Albir?? I dont drive so getting her to school when my partner is working away is a big concern.

Any information would be great, also what do i need to do once we decided the school?

thanks in advance

carol x
:welcome:

when you have moved, what you need to do is go to the ayuntamiento (council offices) - they will want to know where you live & will allocate a school to your child.

obligatory schooling doesn't start until age 6 though, & places in 'infants' aren't always available

take a look at our http://www.expatforum.com/expats/sp...-living-spain/2725-faqs-lots-useful-info.html

there's a section about education there with all sorts of useful info, including which 'year' your child would be in starting now

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
At out boy's school, the text books for his first year came to €75 and we paid another €40 into a cooperative type pool which then buys everything all the children need for the year. Lunch is not compulsory since it happens at 2 pm, when we can pick him up. We have to provide a breakfast snack for him for 11 am.

·
Registered
19,394 Posts
At out boy's school, the text books for his first year came to €75 and we paid another €40 into a cooperative type pool which then buys everything all the children need for the year. Lunch is not compulsory since it happens at 2 pm, when we can pick him up. We have to provide a breakfast snack for him for 11 am.
This is how it worked here too.
BTW there is a petition asking the Minister of Education to intervene in the publication of text books so that they can be reused and not changed every year and also asking that the publishers be assessed on content and pricing.
http://www.change.org/es/peticiones/por-un-precio-justo-para-los-libros-de-texto

Elena Alfaro: "Ver a una madre en apuros para pagar los libros de texto te pone los pelos de punta" - 20minutos.es

The petition has already been handed in, but can still be signed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts