Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I am on PR and presently planning to migrate.
As with everybody, currently applying for the admission of my Kids to secure admission before we reach. My son is in class 10 and I want his admission in class 11.
Almost every School I sent the inquiry are stating that application can be processed only when u r in Australia and also within their catchment area.To prove for catchment area u should have a long term lease contract. These requirements have brought me in a state of nowhere.

If I apply for one school ( after arriving and fulfilling catchment area requirement) and they could not make the admission(as has been stated by EPPING BOYS HIGHSCHOOL that they will put my son on waiting list), then how can I apply and fulfill the requirements of other school.

Please I need an advise as I am not able to solve this riddle. i presume that migrating people may have faced this type of situation. I would like to know how they solved it.

I am trying for Cherrybrook Technology highschool and epping boys highschool. any suggestion on other good schools is also welcome
thanks to all

G

·
You can not secure a place for him until you are there and living in the schools area. It may mean a few weeks where he is not going to school but that's the way it and is actually good as it gives you all a chance to settle in before throwing him in to a strange school in a strange country! But you could put him in a 100% private school who will look at advance admissions.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just to add that if you are renting property here, you will be reliant on property availability. In areas of high demand it can be difficult to find rental properties within the catchment areas of the best schools. I'm sure you would find something but it depends what your priorities are. We couldn't get into the catchment area of the school we originally wanted for our son in Sydney, we chose a property we loved elsewhere and had to start from scratch with the school search. It all worked out okay and he's in a great school now that we wouldn't have considered had we found a property straight away.
I wouldn't be too set on a specific school or area until you get here and start visiting schools and looking at properties. It's not a great feeling, not knowing, but it will all work out.
All the best with your plans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to add that if you are renting property here, you will be reliant on property availability. In areas of high demand it can be difficult to find rental properties within the catchment areas of the best schools. I'm sure you would find something but it depends what your priorities are. We couldn't get into the catchment area of the school we originally wanted for our son in Sydney, we chose a property we loved elsewhere and had to start from scratch with the school search. It all worked out okay and he's in a great school now that we wouldn't have considered had we found a property straight away.
I wouldn't be too set on a specific school or area until you get here and start visiting schools and looking at properties. It's not a great feeling, not knowing, but it will all work out.
Hi mam now im in india and studying in class 11 and im planning to migrate to Australia and there can i finish my class 12 in NSW school . I dont know whether ill get admission for class 12 so plss help me that whether ill get admission or not plss im waiting for the reply

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello mam im from India and i have completed my class 11 in India and now im planning to do my class12 in Australia is it possible to get admission there for class 12 or not plss help me ....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am going through the same dilemma now. We plan to migrate by end of the year and want to get admission in class 8 for my daughter. School says they will decide on her admission only after we take the house. However if they refuse admission in class 8 we will be left with no choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are not saying no place. I think they have to give admission if we live in that area. They are not confirming whether they will be in 7th or 8th. If they refuse I will have to shift house in order to apply to another school. Very confusing.

G

·
They do not have to give you a place. Simply living near a school does not guarantee your child admission. The school has criteria and standards to be met they also have limited places some of which may already be accounted for by others who will be starting soon who have a highr priority in their criteria than your child, such as a child with siblings already attending the school.

They also do not have to give you exact reasons as to why they can not offer a place. Why do you think you need to move home to apply to another school?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts