Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if Joppa (can't find how to tag) or anyone could answer this question please?

My husband has his first flr (m) which expires in September. We are meant to be going on holiday in August but we've found out that a Schengen visa will not be granted if he has less than 90 days left on his flr (m). Is there any way round this, or do they make it so that you actually can't go abroad during those 3 months? This seems crazy :confused:

Many thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
This may be the case if he applies as spouse of a British citizen, which gets his visa free, but if he is willing to pay for his visa, he should be able to apply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa. Can you direct me to anywhere where it states this? Everywhere I've looked seems to say that to apply for any Schengen Visa you must have at least 3 months left on both your passport and your UK visa.

Will we still need Schengen visas for holidays when he has his ILR?

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
Yes, he does. Only British citizenship will exempt him from visa requirement, unless Brexit decides otherwise.
He can apply for Schengen visa in his own country without 3 months left on his visa.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, bit of a trek to go back to apply! We'll just have to miss the holiday. Seems crazy though that you can't go on holiday in those 3 months - especially when there's a question of whether or not the Schengen visa is even required, by law.

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
Contact one of the many visa agents in London. For a fee, they may be able to secure Schengen visa 'outside the rules' as it were.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.