Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a scenario in mind and i was hoping someone could verify if this would work or not...

So, my temporary work visa ends in November. However, I would like to do a little traveling after I finish work seeing as I really don't have much time while I am working.

So, my scenario goes as follows: My work visa ends the 6th of November, but I want to stay til just before Thanksgiving. If I leave the schengen area and go to London to see a friend for a few days in September, could I say I am on a tourist visa for the last two weeks of November? Or would I have to leave at the end of November to London and come back for it to count as a tourist visa? since i would still be working til november??

Going to England and then coming back without actually going to the US can tecnincally allow me to be on a tourist visa after yes?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
50,414 Posts
The "safest" approach to this would be to leave France for London shortly before the end of your work visa and to re-enter France after the expiration of your work visa. Then, there would be no doubt that you are on a 90 day Schengen visitor visa at the end of November. (You can't switch types of visa while in France.) Assuming that you are going to be working up until the end of your current work visa, then your return from London in September will be on your work visa. (If you entered France on a Schengen visa in September, it would mean you would not be able to work the remainder of your job.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The "safest" approach to this would be to leave France for London shortly before the end of your work visa and to re-enter France after the expiration of your work visa. Then, there would be no doubt that you are on a 90 day Schengen visitor visa at the end of November. (You can't switch types of visa while in France.) Assuming that you are going to be working up until the end of your current work visa, then your return from London in September will be on your work visa. (If you entered France on a Schengen visa in September, it would mean you would not be able to work the remainder of your job.)
Cheers,
Bev
THANKS SO MUCH BEV!

That's what I thought just needed confirmation on that! This really helps , have a good one!

Ebonee

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Fourth Thursday in November - it's The Big American Holiday. The Canadians have a holiday of the same name, but it's in the first half of October and not nearly as big a deal.
Cheers,
Bev
Frankly, I thought the question must have been a joke - and I'm not American. :heh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts