Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but just need to be clear here. My wife and step child are citizens of Russia and I am a UK passport holder. I have a job offer in Spain in the Burgos region and want to understand the process my wife has to go through. As I understand she applies for the Schengen visa from the Republic of Georgia where we are legal residents and applies for the 90 day visa and she gets here goes through the registration process as my wife for the temporary residency status which I will already have as being registered for NIE and in the Padron register. Have we missed something here or does this appear to be correct? Or does she need to apply for a different visa, we are intending to emigrate but just need to be clear and also what docs might be needed as here there was a little confusion.
Thanks for your input
NIck

·
Registered
296 Posts
There are a few other threads that detail the process needed, so have a search under "non EU spouse" and variations thereof and you should find quite a lot of useful information.

I think the visa you need for your wife to initially enter Spain is the Visa Familiar (see other threads).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shengen visa for non EU citizen

Hi,
That is what we figured, Elena is going to speak to the Spanish consul here in town as he is away at the moment on his jollies.
As we understand she apples for the family visa and enters and together with me she applies for TR and after 5 years assuming no issues the and the kids can get PR. Myself as a UK and EU citizen will have no issues as all the rules apply.
If anyone knows any different from this please drop a line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts