Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering if someone can advice us please -

We are applying for the spouse visa and to meet the financial requirement we are using savings. THese are in a UK bank account. I had the official statements printed in the UK for the last 6 months and the money has not been touched. We sent the original bank statements to the PHilippines so we could include it in the application.

Our date to submit the visa application is May 23rd but the date of the printed bank statement is up until April 2.

Will this still be allowed? Even tho one month has already passed?

Or I can print out the online statement until May (or is that just confusing?)

Thanks

Naomi

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
The most recent bank statement can be no more than 28 days old at the time of online application so your April statement is too old. Statements must either be originals that you received by post or they must be verified as original by your bank so you can't just print an online statement. Either each page must be stamped by the bank or they must write a letter on bank letterhead verifying authenticity.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh no... is there anything I can do then?... we are applying on thursday and our bank is in UK. can't think how we could get a more recent statement. :(

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You must go to a branch, ask them to print out latest statement and stamp it, and you have to courier it to the Philippines in time for Thursday. Will be close. Or postpone biometrics. Without it you are likely to be refused visa. If you are very lucky, they may give you two weeks to supply the missing statement but don't count on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice - we decided to postpone for now - we didn't want them refusing - so will make sure we have the up to date statements to submit. THanks again!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Wise move! We have had recently someone who was refused outright for only supplying 5-month and not 6-month bank statement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks... Can I just check something else tho- it's still regarding the savings... We are applying in the savings only category of the financial requirement and all our money is in UK savings. At present my husband and I are both working in Manila. Our pay comes into our filipino bank account and this is the money we use day to day. Do we need to also submit the filipino bank statements (or is it just confusing as it does not add to the savings)
Thanks

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You don't need local bank statement in support of meeting the financial requirement.
But there is a question on online application about your job in the Philippines, so you should send one payslip and perhaps bank statement in support. This has nothing to do with financial requirement.

My opinion only and not meant in any way as advice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that the part 4 of the online application? We have already the certificate of employment but can also attach payslip and statement if this would help. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.