Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Currently working in Dubai but still waiting on my UAE residency visa. I potentially need to travel to Saudi on business before this comes through - I need to know if I can apply for a Saudi visa at the embassy in Dubai if I am not resident here or would I have to do it through the UK?

Also, if anyone can share their experience of the documents and process required to secure the visa that would also be useful

Cheers

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all, Currently working in Dubai but still waiting on my UAE residency visa. I potentially need to travel to Saudi on business before this comes through - I need to know if I can apply for a Saudi visa at the embassy in Dubai if I am not resident here or would I have to do it through the UK? Also, if anyone can share their experience of the documents and process required to secure the visa that would also be useful Cheers
from my experience you will have to get a visa from the country where your passport is issued and travel from there. You cannot travel from a GCC country unless you have a resident visa.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi all,

Currently working in Dubai but still waiting on my UAE residency visa. I potentially need to travel to Saudi on business before this comes through - I need to know if I can apply for a Saudi visa at the embassy in Dubai if I am not resident here or would I have to do it through the UK?

Also, if anyone can share their experience of the documents and process required to secure the visa that would also be useful

Cheers
It's a bit of a mission.
I go there regularly and have to go through this every 3 months.

You need a letter from the Saudi company inviting you (The saudi companies are used to giving these)

You also need an NOC letter from your employer.

Then, you can either waste umpteen hours/days finding the right department in Deira/BurDubai, or use an outsourcing company.
I use OnTime, they have a branch in JBR (sorry, not sure where you are), you take the required documents (check their website for what is required), pay an extra 200AED & 3 days later, pick up your passport and visa from the branch.
Trust me, it's much less painful than trying to arrange it yourself.

Having said this, your current company PRO should be able to sort it for you.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Peter has given you correct info above and yes, you need to wait for your residency visa. also, if you are in the midst of waiting for the uae visa and they have your passport then you definitely won't be able to apply for the saudi visa as you do have to surrender your passport for them to place the stamp. in my husband's experience it takes about 10 days from when he has submitted everything.

it is also easier to get the visa as a uae resident than from most other countries.

note also that once you have your Saudi visa you can only be in Saudi for up to 14 consecutive days at a time then you need to exit the country and re-enter. your saudi visa will likely be valid for unlimited visits within a 90 day time period. they also have 180 day visas but since ramadan had stopped handing those out. not sure if they have gone back to granting them again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much everyone, really useful info. I do have my passport currently but as you say without my UAE residency I'd need to travel back to the UK, apply and wait for a visa there and then travel on to Saudi. Not really time or cost efficient :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
pmcdubai said:
Hi all, Currently working in Dubai but still waiting on my UAE residency visa. I potentially need to travel to Saudi on business before this comes through - I need to know if I can apply for a Saudi visa at the embassy in Dubai if I am not resident here or would I have to do it through the UK? Also, if anyone can share their experience of the documents and process required to secure the visa that would also be useful Cheers
You can apply from UK (courier passport back and apply via agent) 7-10 days or from here if you have a residents visa 3-4 days

·
Registered
831 Posts
We find thT we can get 180 days from London with no limit or 90 day here with 14 day max stay, rules keep changing though!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
The quickest way is to fly to the UK overnight, drop your passport off at a London bureau before 1100am, spend the next day wandering in London and pick it up the following day.

To do this you need all the aforementioned paperwork done beforehand, and it's not cheap.

It's less hassle that doing it in the UAE at the Saudi embassy with interviews etc.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hope that the OP will allow me to butt into his thread.

I have received some documents in Arabic from the company in Saudi, and I have a valid residence and work permit here in the UAE. When I contacted OnTime (to whom I had applied in December 2012) they told me they don't do Saudi visas any more and I'd have to apply to the Consulate direct. I've gone on to the Consulate's website, and there seems to be an online application called Enjaj. We are a tiny outfit so we don't have a PRO - would anyone be able to advise me whether to proceed with this Enjaj application, or where I can find out what the correct process is and what documentation I need to present?

Regrettably I now have only 2 - 3 days to get the visa in between trips - absolutely typical!

Many thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I hope that the OP will allow me to butt into his thread.

I have received some documents in Arabic from the company in Saudi, and I have a valid residence and work permit here in the UAE. When I contacted OnTime (to whom I had applied in December 2012) they told me they don't do Saudi visas any more and I'd have to apply to the Consulate direct. I've gone on to the Consulate's website, and there seems to be an online application called Enjaj. We are a tiny outfit so we don't have a PRO - would anyone be able to advise me whether to proceed with this Enjaj application, or where I can find out what the correct process is and what documentation I need to present?

Regrettably I now have only 2 - 3 days to get the visa in between trips - absolutely typical!

Many thanks in anticipation.
i don't think you have enough time. my husband would have to get am NOC from his company here in dubai then apply somewhere over in/near Wafi mall. it always took 10 business days and he had visa after visa done for a year.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
The reason that outsourcing companies have stopped is that the current process involves two interviews for which you must appear in person, and unless you have a clone working there, you are stuck with doing the difficult bit yourself.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Two interviews? I'm curious as to what they talk about/ask.

I'll find out tomorrow as I'm going to get my first Saudi visa from the UAE (the previous one was from the UK and was done through an agency).

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I'm curious as well as I use a different route altogether but my colleagues have to go via the interview route. Perhaps its that they get 3 month visas and you are getting a short term one (assuming that is correct) ?

Either way I'll stick with the Uk route as it gets me back at the Company expense and I can do meetings while waiting. Just not many meetings and a weekend at my Uk home.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Twowheelsgood: I'm not sure to whom you are asking your question. My previous visa was a multiple-entry which I got while working for my employer in the UK.
I moved here (Dubai) a few months back and my KSA visa expired in early December, so I need a new one.
I am told they are now more difficult and don't give multiple-entry visas unless you have a "manager" title on the UAE residence visa. My title is sales rep, so we'll have to see...

·
Registered
831 Posts
chestnut said:
Twowheelsgood: I'm not sure to whom you are asking your question. My previous visa was a multiple-entry which I got while working for my employer in the UK. I moved here (Dubai) a few months back and my KSA visa expired in early December, so I need a new one. I am told they are now more difficult and don't give multiple-entry visas unless you have a "manager" title on the UAE residence visa. My title is sales rep, so we'll have to see...
As always procedures change but it normally takes 2-3 days from Dubai

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks for that Blazeaway. I'll make sure I take some reading along. (I'm presuming the two interviews don't take all of the 3 hours ;) )

·
Registered
226 Posts
I went with my invitation letter and the requisite papers at the appointment time.

No "interviews" as such. Just provided the documents and the lady dealing with me did a lot of typing and copy and pasting and that was it.

Much to my surprise I was in and out in 23 minutes :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hello Chestnut,

Sorry to trouble you further but could you tell me what documents you had and how did you get the appointment? I assume that all this happened at the Saudi Embassy near the Creek?
Many thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi ReggieDXB007,

No trouble at all.

The Saudis have out-sourced their document checking and such to an organisation called VFS Taheel International and they're the ones I saw in WAFI mall (2nd floor - take the lifts behind the "Square" coffee lounge/area - Square is the name of the coffee shop).

My company's PRO organised the documents and the appointment. I had (from memory) the following:
- Invitation letter (provided by my company's Riyadh office)
- Appointment letter from VFS Taheel
- Photocopy of my passport (photo page and UAE residence visa page)
- The passport itself (which they kept)
- Photocopy of my Emirates ID card (didn't actually show the card)
- A copy of the company registration document (I think that's what it was)
- Two passport-sized photos (they returned one)

D.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts