Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been bobbing in and out reading all of your useful and interesting posts. This is a very good forum and at last I feel I can post.

Our Visa application (skilled independent 175) was granted on the 23rd of Dec, talk about the perfect gift from Santa.

We are shocked that things went so smoothly and so quickly too. It was 6 months from application to Grant and 12 months total with Skills Assessment.

So 2010 brings a new adventure. We have done UK to France, now it's France to Melbourne, we are so excited.

Obviously need to read lots of previous posts for tips and recommendations.

@Dolly, thanks for the time and effort posting the "things to do" what a great help.

Happy New Year

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
C......O.....N....G...........R.....A....T...U...........L....A.....T...I...O...N....S
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I have been bobbing in and out reading all of your useful and interesting posts. This is a very good forum and at last I feel I can post.

Our Visa application (skilled independent 175) was granted on the 23rd of Dec, talk about the perfect gift from Santa.

We are shocked that things went so smoothly and so quickly too. It was 6 months from application to Grant and 12 months total with Skills Assessment.

So 2010 brings a new adventure. We have done UK to France, now it's France to Melbourne, we are so excited.

Obviously need to read lots of previous posts for tips and recommendations.

@Dolly, thanks for the time and effort posting the "things to do" what a great help.

Happy New Year
Congratulations!

May I ask what your profession is? I'm also going for a permanent visa, 176 probably. And I'm an architect. But I am worried about how long the process might take...

·
Registered
272 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Did you decide on a city/State already??

When are you thinking of moving?:plane:

It's fantastic to welcome a new group of people into the group!!!

Busyte

·
Registered
619 Posts
Congratulations!

May I ask what your profession is? I'm also going for a permanent visa, 176 probably. And I'm an architect. But I am worried about how long the process might take...

Looks like Architect is MODL but not SOL. This puts you in Priority 5 out of 7 if you are doing the 176 visa (priority 6 if 175). Your application will most likely take 1-2 years based on current situation I would guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like Architect is MODL but not SOL. This puts you in Priority 5 out of 7 if you are doing the 176 visa (priority 6 if 175). Your application will most likely take 1-2 years based on current situation I would guess.
Architect is on SOL and MODL, just not on CSL. Just my luck...

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Yay!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

2010 will be an absolute blast for you.....

Dolly

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the messages of congratulations guys.

To answer your questions:-

1. Husbands Profession is C++ Programmer
  2. Yes, we fell in love with Melbourne, Victoria and hope to find a spot just out into the countryside a bit, but with easy access to the city and all it has to offer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations!

The waiting is the tough part and we didn't wait long at all. But, as soon as you start we felt like life went on hold, and typically everything starts to break and you dare not buy new, just in case you move to Australia. How our old car is managing to plug on I don't know :eek:)

We were set for a 18 month wait, so to have everything go through so quickly was such a wonderful surprise.

I have to say, if you are someone who just doesn't do waiting.... you are going to go stir crazy, because it's all about "waiting". I feel that the system works, because you really have to "want to go" to spend out so much money and have to put up with so many demands.

I wish you every luck with your application.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hey.. congratulations

1 - 17 of 17 Posts