Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello All,

Would really really appreciate it if someone/or more could just sanity check the below before we go into our PEO Appt in early October 2013, in Croydon.

Any wise counsel would be hugely welcome.

Background
  • Applying for Unmarried FLR (M) Visa
  • Partner/Sponsor: British Citizen with Passport, working in London
  • Applicant: USA Citizen currently here on a Post-Study Work Visa until Feb 2014
  • Comply with Category A of Financial Requirements (Partner wage above £18,600 per year)
  • Have lived together in London for 2 years 4 months at time of writing
  • No dependants
  • Not Married previously etc.

We have paid for the PEO Appt already and received all the confirmations. It's in early October!!

Please let me know if there is anything missing from the below.

Documents Submitting

• Application Form
  • Passports [Partner and Applicant]
  • Photos [Partner and Applicant]
  • Biometric Permit [Applicant]

• 6 Months of Wage Slips, with a letter accompanying each slip stating they are authentic and signed by Senior Manager [Partner]
  • 6 Months Bank Statements corresponding to Wage Slips - stamped and authenticated by Barclays Banks [Partner]
  • P60 [Partner]
  • Letter from CEO stating my employment status, wages and time at firm [Partner]

• Tenancy Agreements for 2 properties since May 2011 [Joint]. Also, a Letter from Property Management firm confirming residence in previous property.
  • Electricity bills, stretching back to May 2011, in both names [Joint]
  • Water bills, stretching back to May 2011, in both names [Joint]
  • Council Tax, stretching back to May 2011, in both names [Joint]
  • Joint Bank Statements (Barclays Bank) stretching back to Oct 2011 [Joint]
  • HSBC Bank Statement stretching back to May 2011 [Applicant]
  • Barlcays Bank Statement stretching back to May 2011 [Partner]

• A selection of receipts and itineraries from British Airways or American Airlines
  • Some photos dating from March 2009 to present of us together, plus, our parents together.

I am confused about how many different pieced of evidence they want to provide to prove that we lived for 2 years. Surely they don't want EVERY bank statement since May 2011?

We are engaged and due to marry Sept 2014 - do I bother mentioning that?

So.... what do you think? :)
I am terrified that I don't include something just because I missed it or forgot it.

Please advise. Please.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello All,
I am confused about how many different pieced of evidence they want to provide to prove that we lived for 2 years. Surely they don't want EVERY bank statement since May 2011?

We are engaged and due to marry Sept 2014 - do I bother mentioning that?

So.... what do you think? :)
I am terrified that I don't include something just because I missed it or forgot it.

Please advise. Please.
I did not apply for the same visa as you (mine was a spouse FLR(M) and then ILR at the PEO in Croydon), but your list looks good to me. Have you gone down the precise list for your application form and made sure you have everything they ask for? Probably, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

I believe they require at least 6 pieces of evidence spread evenly over the 2 years. It sounds like you have more than enough, just make sure they are spread evenly (not all from the beginning or the end of the 2-year period). I can't see why they would need every bank statement.

If anyone else knows more about your specific application or has been to Croydon more recently than I (January 2012), I hope s/he will chime in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I forgot to reply to your marriage question. If you will be married by the time you have your appointment then I don't see how you can avoid mentioning it as, technically, you will no longer be unmarried partners. You will be spouses. You need to verify if that in fact requires a different form (sorry that I don't know).

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
You require signed contract for your partner's job.
You need more about your relationship.
How you kept in touch when apart, such as Skype log, email headers etc.
They want 6 joint pieces of evidence of co-habitation, such as official letters addressed jointly, or 6 from each (12 in all), addressed singly but bearing the same address.
Letters of introduction and sponsorship.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You require signed contract for your partner's job.
You need more about your relationship.
How you kept in touch when apart, such as Skype log, email headers etc.
They want 6 joint pieces of evidence of co-habitation, such as official letters addressed jointly, or 6 from each (12 in all), addressed singly but bearing the same address.
Letters of introduction and sponsorship.
Joppa - thank you for your time.
  • Will get get her signed job contract definitely. Thanks for that.
  • I will print out GChat messages, emails etc from the time we were apart. Thanks for the tip.
  • Thankfully we have 5 pieces Joint, and 1 each evidencing co-habitation.
  • I don't know what you mean by the letters of introduction and sponsorship... That bit has me stumped. Can you help??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.