Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

It's me again. I have another query about same-sex partner visa.

Will the decision of the Aust immigration on my visa application be affected by the fact that my family in the Philippines has no idea that I'm into this relationship? My partner's family/relatives know everything about us but nobody from my side does.

Please, guys...I need your help. I am visiting Australia in September to be with my partner and will then apply for the partner visa onshore. I'm totally stressed thinking about the application. I really hope we get approved!

Please pray for us.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
No, your family has no affect for or against your visa application. Visa applications are decided for the main applicant (which will be you).

Hi all

It's me again. I have another query about same-sex partner visa.

Will the decision of the Aust immigration on my visa application be affected by the fact that my family in the Philippines has no idea that I'm into this relationship? My partner's family/relatives know everything about us but nobody from my side does.

Please, guys...I need your help. I am visiting Australia in September to be with my partner and will then apply for the partner visa onshore. I'm totally stressed thinking about the application. I really hope we get approved!

Please pray for us.

Thank you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, amaslam! now i feel relieved somehow..

·
Registered
619 Posts
thanks for the reply, amaslam! now i feel relieved somehow..
You say you are going to AU and then applying for the partner visa onshore. You should check to make sure that the visa you will be entering AU on allows you to switch to another visa while you are there. Sometimes you may have to return to phillipines to re-enter on the new visa. I'm not exactly sure in your case, so you should research before you commit the money to fly out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you for your input, matjones. Yup, my visitor visa does not have the "NO FURTHER STAY" condition and I can apply for another type of visa while in Australia.

Cheers!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thank you for your input, matjones. Yup, my visitor visa does not have the "NO FURTHER STAY" condition and I can apply for another type of visa while in Australia.

Cheers!
Thats Great! Good luck with the application. Here are a couple of links that you might have already seen.

Evidence of Dependency

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

Page 38 & 39 of the pdf identify types of evidence you can submit for proof of relationship. Since your partners family are fully aware of your relationship you can submit statements from them attesting to the relationship and that you have been to family functions etc... you could also, in your own statement, explain why you have not submitted anything from your own family members. I am sure that would help immigration understand your situation.

Just submit as much relevant information as you can find that sheds light on your history and commitment to each other.

Good Luck again!

Mat

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi, Matjones. Do you think I need to explain to the Immigration and include in my statement why I chose not to tell my family about my relationship? Will it be brought up during the interview? I'm afraid my situation will cost me the visa.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi, Matjones. Do you think I need to explain to the Immigration and include in my statement why I chose not to tell my family about my relationship? Will it be brought up during the interview? I'm afraid my situation will cost me the visa.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks!
It certainly shouldn't cost you your visa, i don't think you have anything to worry about. The folks at immigration are real human beings after all (so it has been rumored), and understand that not all families get along, straight or gay.

You don't have to mention it to them in your statement, but in my mind it won't hurt to just add the 1 lines statement similar to what you posted here, that your partners family knows about your relationship, but your does not. You don't need to go into details. Saves them having to ask you during the application process why you haven't included anything from your side of the family.

When I applied for my US permanent residency, having married my US wife, I gave them as much info about our relationship as possible, so they had no doubts. That included personal letters, cards, emails, photographs, statements from friends etc..

Maybe someone else who has gone through the AU process can explain a little more for you.

Just my 2 cents...

Mat

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Point well taken..I will definitely remember what you've said on your posts when I start writing the history of our relationship. Thank you so much, Matjones! Cheers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hello, guys!

just wondering if i only need to submit certified copies of our personal letters/cards or should i send the originals?

and one more thing, i've read on the immigration website that all documents not written in english should be translated in english. would that mean i need to get all our personal emails/letters/message archives translated in english??

thanks again.

cheers!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I don't think it matters if it's an original, but you will definitely need it translated for DIAC so they can consider it for evidence.

hello, guys!

just wondering if i only need to submit certified copies of our personal letters/cards or should i send the originals?

and one more thing, i've read on the immigration website that all documents not written in english should be translated in english. would that mean i need to get all our personal emails/letters/message archives translated in english??

thanks again.

cheers!

·
Registered
619 Posts
hello, guys!

thanks again.

cheers!
Yes, you will need to get all non-english documents translated to english. Its up to you whether you send original documents. For my visa application I sent a mixture of originals and certified copies. For example, I had my business partner sign several copies of the same printed letter, therefore I had backup copies and sent in one of the originals. If the document is a one of a kind, cannot be duplicated, then send in a certified copy. Last thing you want is your documents getting lost and it preventing you from getting your visa.

Mat

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys!
question again...
what does "support each other physically" mean? I am writing the history of our relationship but I read on the immi website that the history should include our domestic arrangements like how we support each other physically, financially and emotionally.
i don't get that "physically" thing..pls enlighten me, guys!
thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.