Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

just being courious about what I have read here. I am about to move to Dubai on position of REGIONAL SALES MAMANGER.

I have been offered the following:
- STUDIO (equipped)
- CAR (incl. petrol)
- Visa
- Health care
- one ticket per contract

And a monthly salary of approx 6800 DHS / month

So far I am planning to come alone but in about 6 months I have to bring along my family (wife + 1,5 years old baby).
Out of what I read, do you think that with such money we are fine ??
I am not the person who has to eat out everyday, but do not want to live as ...

thnx for your comments

Sleza

·
Banned
598 Posts
Hello,

just being courious about what I have read here. I am about to move to Dubai on position of REGIONAL SALES MAMANGER.

- STUDIO (equipped)
- CAR (incl. petrol)
- Visa
- Health care

So far I am planning to come alone but in about 6 months I have to bring along my family (wife + 1,5 years old baby).

thnx for your comments

Sleza
how long do you plan on staying in Dubai brother?
you are in a studio apartment, with a child, they will get older and need a bedroom, you will need private time with the wife as well. You wont make enough money to go out and get a place that has a extra bedroom.
If this job is only for a year and then you will leave then yes I think you will be fine. But any longer with a child and I say no.

are you bills paid? electricity, tv, phone, internet?

Frankly sleza, its not much money at all. You might beable to go out to eat 1 time a month if you are careful. Its not a situation I would want to be in. sorry

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, it's a bit tight. But for one year, try it and see what happens. I think things are starting to imrpove in Dubai so there will be more opportunities.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello,

- STUDIO (equipped)
- CAR (incl. petrol)
- Visa
- Health care

thnx for your comments

Sleza
I agree with the other posters, it could be tight but if i may ask, will your wife work? things could be different if your wife works but otherwise, i would advise not to accept.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how long do you plan on staying in Dubai brother?
you are in a studio apartment, with a child, they will get older and need a bedroom, you will need private time with the wife as well. You wont make enough money to go out and get a place that has a extra bedroom.
If this job is only for a year and then you will leave then yes I think you will be fine. But any longer with a child and I say no.

are you bills paid? electricity, tv, phone, internet?

Frankly sleza, its not much money at all. You might beable to go out to eat 1 time a month if you are careful. Its not a situation I would want to be in. sorry

Hello,

thank you for your replies all of you. I will try it for 2 years and I have some promises from the emplyoeer that we will talk about that after 6 months. It seems to me that I will have to push hard to get it. I hope to save something while I will be there alone eventhough I have to pay bills as well back home for my flat. I will see how it will work.

Thank you once again for your opinions all of you.

Sleza

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I think you will be perfectly fine. If they are paying for your lodging and a car, covering your fuel, all you have left is food and going out. And that can be very resonable if you budget and avoid the expensive stuff.

People are a bit crazy on these forums. People come here to save money and then have to drive the most expensive cars, eat out a few times a week, have maids to clean their apartments, etc. Its just very odd.

·
Banned
598 Posts
People are a bit crazy on these forums. People come here to save money and then have to drive the most expensive cars, eat out a few times a week, have maids to clean their apartments, etc. Its just very odd.
I'm crazy and lovin it. Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
It won't be enough for a wife and baby in my opinion.

The first thing you need to do is ask yourself whether it is better than your current situation, if it is, then it's a no brainer.

Otherwise for a single guy, you can live on 6800 a month pretty easily unless you are some kind of party animal and very irresponsible generally with your cash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it seems that Dubai is about it. I must say that the offered money are about the same I am getting now, except I am paying my own car and my own flat (3 bedrooms) but I am taking this as an opportunity and I hope that I will do fine and proceed further up in position as well as money.
I was just courious about the opinions and I see great experience in all your replies. I will go for it and keep informed when I will get to Dubai.

Anyway all of you thnx. I will keep going to this forum and will keep reading and participating.

Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.