Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just another question, would anyone please help with below:

My husband is employed by agency and getting paid hourly. £15,50 per hour. Annual income £24,000. Been employed for 6 months already, as a temporary contract on the ongoing basis.

That mean that he is under a non salaried category A income.

But when we started filling the Appendix form 2 there no option for non salaried income under Category A.

- Is it ok to fill in the form under Category A as salaried employment and complete Part 3A.

Appreciate you help

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What you do is you state he earns $24,000 under Cat A, and put the full computation under 'Other information' or attach a sheet with details.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1)My husband has basic hours of 37.5 hours a week at 15.50 per hour. But he had done overtime in many weeks where he has done weekly hours between 39-43.

- In the computation, Do we have to show the basic hours at 37.5 x 15.50 and work that out annually. Then separately work out the overtime hours x 15.50 and then total them together?

2)Also my husband doesn't get paid holiday pay. We went on two holidays together in the past 6 months. The first holiday was for 10 days and the second for 14 days, how will the missing weeks affect our calculation?

3) Will having less than 26 weeks to calculate be fine?

4) The first holiday caused a half week do We need to put the exact hours for this week.

5) In some weeks due to bank holidays he did 30 hrs/week. How should we show this in the calculations?

I am sorry for so many questions, its just really confusing. And thank you for the help in advance!!! :confused::confused::confused::(

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You add salaried and unsalaried pay together.
Unpaid leave is fine provided on average he meets £18,600.
You must have at least 26 weeks under Cat A.
Just average it.
You are overcomplicating things. Your case is really straightforward.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for your support, Joppa!! and sorry for been such a pain but I have some quick ones to ask:

My husband started exactly 6 months ago and with 3 weeks off for holiday. At the moment we have 25 weekly payslips due to the holidays. Do we have to wait another week to have 26 weeks payslips?

- Also due to some weeks being less hours for example 30hrs a week. Is it still ok to average it out to 37.5 over 26 weeks?

Again thank you

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, you need payslips received during a 6-month period.
You add up all the amounts on your payslips, divide by 26 and multiply by 52. Attach an Excel document setting it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, now it looks simple finally lol

thanks a lot, Joppa!!!

So much stuff u can find out here, never knew we have to do some calculations, thought just attaching your payslips would be more then enough...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.