Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am late 30's with a young family and have significant experience in safety in construction (CMIOSH) in a senior role within a medium sized UK construction company. We are considering moving to Dubai to change our lifestyle. I have plenty of info on the cost of living in Dubai but cannot seem to get a clear indication of what potential salaries I could earn. I don't have a degree which appears to be important. I also don't want to contact any agencies yet until we know we are going to go.

I would appreciate guidance on potential types of roles and salaries I could realistically expect. Email me for more info please if more is needed.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
IOSH is well accepted here as is NEBOSH, and I know a lot of HSE guys who don't have degrees, so don't let that put you off.

Salary wise, from what I know, is you would be looking from high 30's to mid 40's per month, all in

Reactions: safetykiwi

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all, I am late 30's with a young family and have significant experience in safety in construction (CMIOSH) in a senior role within a medium sized UK construction company. We are considering moving to Dubai to change our lifestyle. I have plenty of info on the cost of living in Dubai but cannot seem to get a clear indication of what potential salaries I could earn. I don't have a degree which appears to be important. I also don't want to contact any agencies yet until we know we are going to go. I would appreciate guidance on potential types of roles and salaries I could realistically expect. Email me for more info please if more is needed. Thanks
Fortunately you cannot leave school and go straight for a degree in h&s, same as project management, its experience that counts along with CMIOSH so your experience and qualification will be matched against the job description so degree is secondary. Plenty of H&S construction jobs here so you should have no problems and achieve a good salary. Check out any of the ME Region jobsites on google.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts