Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Friends

I was looking for the names of a couple of good residential areas in Sydney. To detail it, I mean safe and crime free, without people with criminal antecedants staying/sticking around there. I was also looking for some of the best Public Schools (Govt) where I can get my 7 year old son admitted.

My budget range is max. AUD 500/Week. What size accommodation can I get within this constraint in the good areas.

I am an IT professional from india and my wife and 7 year old son would be moving to Sydney. My wife and I plan to take up full time jobs.

I would much appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Rubenr

·
Super Moderator
5,694 Posts
guys, awaiting your inputs please
Please wait at least several hours before bumping a thread. :)

Members will try and help if they have the knowledge you require, but their help is not an on-demand service, so patience may be necessary! :)

In the meantime, if you were to google you might find:

Google "best government schools sydney" - first result - https://bettereducation.com.au/school/secondary/nsw/sydney_top_government_secondary_schools.aspx

Google "Crime Sydney" - first result - Crime Maps | BOCSAR

Once you have found an area that may be of interest, check accommodation prices at websites such as realestate.com.au

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please wait at least several hours before bumping a thread. :)

Members will try and help if they have the knowledge you require, but their help is not an on-demand service, so patience may be necessary! :)

In the meantime, if you were to google you might find:

Google "best government schools sydney" - first result - https://bettereducation.com.au/school/secondary/nsw/sydney_top_government_secondary_schools.aspx

Google "Crime Sydney" - first result - Crime Maps | BOCSAR

Once you have found an area that may be of interest, check accommodation prices at websites such as realestate.com.au
Thanks for the respone, kaju.
The Crime Sydney is a good one you provided.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello Friends

I was looking for the names of a couple of good residential areas in Sydney. To detail it, I mean safe and crime free, without people with criminal antecedants staying/sticking around there. I was also looking for some of the best Public Schools (Govt) where I can get my 7 year old son admitted.

My budget range is max. AUD 500/Week. What size accommodation can I get within this constraint in the good areas.

I am an IT professional from india and my wife and 7 year old son would be moving to Sydney. My wife and I plan to take up full time jobs.

I would much appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Rubenr
Usually there is a lot of competition for areas that have the best public schools, which results in higher rent.

$500 would probably get you a 1 bedroom in those areas or may be a very old 2 bedroom unit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Usually there is a lot of competition for areas that have the best public schools, which results in higher rent.

$500 would probably get you a 1 bedroom in those areas or may be a very old 2 bedroom unit.
Thanks for the response, Enga.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts