Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I urgently need advice I received my SA302 form on Thursday. My business turnover was £63500. I pay myself a salary and dividend which came to o £33 500. My sa302 form shows my earned salary is £33500 then minus personalised tax exempt £10400 minus, making it a total of £22000 which is taxed. My taxed money is £18420. Does this mean my salary that will be taken into account by UKVI is £33500 or £18420... which means I will not meet the threshold and how can I go about it. Please assist if you can as attending ukvi on 3rd June 2015.

Kind regards

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for a quick response. Showed it to my accountant and said my salary is £33500.

I am worried as I asked a friend on mine who is a immigration lawyer and said it's below the £18600 cap.

Hence, two contradictated answers both say they are right thus my dilemma
I decided to ask people From the forum as I have gained a lot of knowledge from here .

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's my understanding that if this is under self employment, the income they count is after deductions but before taxes.

If filing under category a or b, then the net income is what counts, not the gross.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice
my business account has paid taxes of £7500. From Business to personal is with salary and dividends. I am applying under category F...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Whatever the amount is that you have earned before taxes is the number they will use as your income. I think you're ok :)
I've spent weeks over these driving myself nuts. I just mailed mine this morning using Category F.
Fingers crossed! good luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am sorry, I just realized you are paid a salary by your own company! Ok that changes it. I am not as familiar with that but it would be one of the first two numbers NOT the amount after taxes are paid. Which kind of company are you registered as?
Either way, you will be above the 18,600.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all truly this forum has been an eye opener.

My business is a limited company I am A sole director. I provide contracts work to hospital etc.

Okay that's helpful. I was very worried.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.