Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

My occupation (313113) is listed under NT, Tasmania and SA. I have read somewhere that both NT and TAS require a job offer, which I don`t/wont have. So only option I have is SA. (Please correct me if I am wrong).

So the question is, do we need to show funds to apply to SA? If yes, how much? Is it mentioned somewhere? I tried searching SA website, but didnt find specific details.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Hi folks,

My occupation (313113) is listed under NT, Tasmania and SA. I have read somewhere that both NT and TAS require a job offer, which I don`t/wont have. So only option I have is SA. (Please correct me if I am wrong).

So the question is, do we need to show funds to apply to SA? If yes, how much? Is it mentioned somewhere? I tried searching SA website, but didnt find specific details.

Thanks in advance.

Here you go

7.1 You must ensure that you have sufficient funds for settlement when you arrive in South Australia. Evidence of financial capacity is not required. However, Immigration SA reserves the right to seek additional information or evidence at a later stage if necessary. The requirement depends on whether you are applying offshore or onshore.

7.2 Financial requirement:

You need to have combined cash and assets within the range listed in the table below. As a guideline, when you arrive in South Australia, Immigration SA recommends that offshore applicants have $20,000 in cash and onshore applicants have $5,000 in cash for settlement. You should not dispose of any assets before the visa is granted.

7.3 If you are an Australian international graduate, you can claim financial support from your parent(s). Your parent(s) need to complete the Financial Capacity Declaration and this must be uploaded in your online application.

Family composition Offshore Applicant:
Combined cash & assets requirement Onshore Applicant:
Combined cash & assets requirement
Main applicant only Total figure between AUD $ 20,000 - 25,000 Total figure between AUD $5,000 - 10,000
Main applicant plus one (1) dependent Total figure between AUD $25,000- 30,000 Total figure between AUD $ 10,000 - 15,000
Main applicant plus two (2) dependents Total figure between AUD $30,000 - 35,000 Total figure between AUD $15,000 - 20,000
Main applicant plus three (3) dependents Total figure between AUD $35,000 - 40,000

Cheers

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Hi folks,

Thanks in advance.
One more thing just for your knowledge
NT does not require a job offer as compulsory

They should just be satisfied that your skills have a demand in the state
I have answered the same question today
You may search and read the same if interested

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts
Funds?? Can I declare funds from my parents for SS in SA under 190?

Here you go

7.1 You must ensure that you have sufficient funds for settlement when you arrive in South Australia. Evidence of financial capacity is not required. However, Immigration SA reserves the right to seek additional information or evidence at a later stage if necessary. The requirement depends on whether you are applying offshore or onshore.

7.2 Financial requirement:

You need to have combined cash and assets within the range listed in the table below. As a guideline, when you arrive in South Australia, Immigration SA recommends that offshore applicants have $20,000 in cash and onshore applicants have $5,000 in cash for settlement. You should not dispose of any assets before the visa is granted.

7.3 If you are an Australian international graduate, you can claim financial support from your parent(s). Your parent(s) need to complete the Financial Capacity Declaration and this must be uploaded in your online application.

Family composition Offshore Applicant:
Combined cash & assets requirement Onshore Applicant:
Combined cash & assets requirement
Main applicant only Total figure between AUD $ 20,000 - 25,000 Total figure between AUD $5,000 - 10,000
Main applicant plus one (1) dependent Total figure between AUD $25,000- 30,000 Total figure between AUD $ 10,000 - 15,000
Main applicant plus two (2) dependents Total figure between AUD $30,000 - 35,000 Total figure between AUD $15,000 - 20,000
Main applicant plus three (3) dependents Total figure between AUD $35,000 - 40,000

Cheers
Hi,
I don't have funds on my name. I want to file as under 190.. can I use my dad funds.. if yes, is there any standard declaration format or form to avail funds from parents. There is a standard format for students but I haven't found any for skilled migrants.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Hi,
I don't have funds on my name. I want to file as under 190.. can I use my dad funds.. if yes, is there any standard declaration format or form to avail funds from parents. There is a standard format for students but I haven't found any for skilled migrants.
Is it possible for you to keep the funds in your bank account instead of parents for the period your nomination does not come through ?

Second would be to take a declaration from your parents that they would be sponsoring your Australian expenses till such time that you do not get a job .
Any notary will make such a declaration for you
Specify an amount also with which he is comfortable
Then attach his bank details

Can't think of anything else
Migration agents are masters at this

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts
Is it possible for you to keep the funds in your bank account instead of parents for the period your nomination does not come through ?

Second would be to take a declaration from your parents that they would be sponsoring your Australian expenses till such time that you do not get a job .
Any notary will make such a declaration for you
Specify an amount also with which he is comfortable
Then attach his bank details

Can't think of anything else
Migration agents are masters at this

Cheers
Actually funds available with my parents are fixed deposits, so can't be transferred on my name. The only solution is the declaration which I can avail from my dad. If possible , could u pls provide any sample declaration for same.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Actually funds available with my parents are fixed deposits, so can't be transferred on my name. The only solution is the declaration which I can avail from my dad. If possible , could u pls provide any sample declaration for same.
Please beware
I am just thinking aloud to give you some clues on possibilities you can explore further
I am not a legal expert by any stretch of imagination

As regards the sample declaration, I have no idea whatsoever
Just go to any lawyer who is also a notary, and he will get it done

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts
Please beware
I am just thinking aloud to give you some clues on possibilities you can explore further
I am not a legal expert by any stretch of imagination

As regards the sample declaration, I have no idea whatsoever
Just go to any lawyer who is also a notary, and he will get it done

Cheers
I am just researching posts and somewhere I found that SA doesn't ask for evidence for funds. Is that true.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
I am just researching posts and somewhere I found that SA doesn't ask for evidence for funds. Is that true.

You are correct

They don't ask for evidence initially but in the same sentence they have also written that they may ask for it during the course of processing
Read clause 7.1 carefully which I have posted above

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts