Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I phoned Newcastle again today to clarify something and have now been told something different to what I was told before.

Before I was told that we applied 1 month before - which is fine, and that the paperwork would be sent to us here. Now they are saying we must have a Spanish address where they send the form to? but our address in Spain will be temporary until we find long term rental. SO my cunning plan is to use a friends address in another area of Extremadura... Do you think this will be ok. When we go to register does the address on the S1 form have to tally with your current address.. I have no idea what the actual forms say... any ideas clues etc, there is no way we will have a forwarding

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gus the latter - healthcare

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Gus that was our view.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why is nothing easy !!!!!

Jo xxx
LOL how true Jo, and I thought the issues would start in Spain!

The women at Newcastle could not grasp that we might not have an address immediately where we could receive post. Why it cannot be sent to a UK address before we leave. Then she said about getting a PO Box, and that everywhere has post delivered.... she has obviously not been on this forum. She actually was very rude, unlike when I spoke to them before. I suppose its like all information it depends on who is giving it x

·
Registered
765 Posts
LOL how true Jo, and I thought the issues would start in Spain! The women at Newcastle could not grasp that we might not have an address immediately where we could receive post. Why it cannot be sent to a UK address before we leave. Then she said about getting a PO Box, and that everywhere has post delivered.... she has obviously not been on this forum. She actually was very rude, unlike when I spoke to them before. I suppose its like all information it depends on who is giving it x
I'm pretty certain that when we got our forms about 7 years ago, I gave them our Spanish address, and then said the post wasn't very good, and could they send them to our UK address, which I'm pretty certain they did. I would call again, and see if you get somebody different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts